OLEAN, N.Y., Dec. 15, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Every year on Christmas morning you make breakfast for the family. And every year, while you're cooking up a holiday storm, you swear to plan ahead so next year will be less stressful.
Well, don't look now, but next year is here already! Good thing the experts at CUTCO Cutlery, the largest manufacturer of kitchen cutlery in North America, are here to help you find your way to a Christmas morning meal that everyone – even you! – will enjoy.
First, get your tools in order. Sharp knives? Check. Cutting boards? Check.
"Having the right tools is key to lowering your stress level at prep time," said Kathleen Donovan, public relations coordinator at CUTCO. "Make sure your knives are sharp and ready for the job at hand. Get them out and ready to go before you start preparing your meal."
Ah yes, preparation. Without it you're, well, a bit unprepared, aren't you?
Barbara Seelig-Brown, author of "Stress Free Cooking," and host of a PBS cooking show by the same name, wants your Christmas breakfast to be as stress free as possible. Her advice? Be prepared!
"The holidays are about making memories with your family, not slaving over meals while the rest of the gang is having fun. So, prepare, prepare, prepare," Ms. Seelig-Brown said. "Follow a few of my simple tips and recipes, and you'll be on your way to the easiest Christmas breakfast you've had in years."
Here are a few of her tips:
- Don't be a short-order cook. Select dishes that can prepared ahead, like a casserole.
- Line pans with parchment paper or spray with non-stick pan release for easy clean-up.
- Keep your knives sharp – they will make your work go more quickly.
- Don't put a cold baking dish in a hot oven.
- Make a simple breakfast casserole seem festive by adding fresh muffins, fruit and juice.
- If you don't have time to fuss with melon and berries, just serve oranges, bananas, apples or pears that simply need washing. A bowl of hand fruit also makes a lovely holiday centerpiece.
For Ms. Seelig-Brown's favorite breakfast recipes, visit http://bit.ly/eFol5H.
SOURCE CUTCO Cutlery