SAN FRANCISCO, July 12, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The HDPV™ Alliance, an industry-wide alliance focused on lowering the cost and increasing the performance of PV solar systems, today announced the addition of six new members to expand HDPV membership to 39 companies worldwide. New members include leading inverter, system simulation, and PV module manufactures as well as engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) and operations and maintenance (O&M) service providers.
New members include Satcon/GreatWall Energy, E2SOL, Elechs Kyokuto, Photon Energy, Typhoon HIL and Vikram Solar. These companies are representative of product manufacturers, system designers and service providers who join HDPV to build and maintain better systems. With headquarters in China, Europe, India, Japan and North America, these companies add to HDPV's global footprint.
HDPV, or High Definition PV, refers to photovoltaic (PV) system designs that use DC power optimizers to achieve greater system power management capability while lowering the total system costs on day one. Alliance members collaborate through defined standards and share best practices to make lower cost and higher performing systems widely available to the industry.
"We welcome our newest members and look forward to collaborating with them to serve our mutual customers," said Mark Kanjorski, HDPV Alliance chair and director of marketing for Ampt. "Each member strengthens the Alliance's ability to deliver the lowest cost of solar energy. We encourage other companies to contact HDPV and participate."
New HDPV Alliance members include:
- Satcon/GreatWall Energy - We are a company under the China Electronics Corporation (CEC) focusing on the design and manufacture of solar inverters under the Satcon brand. CEC is a Global Fortune 500 company with the ranking of 366 in 2015. Our inverters range in capacity from 30kW to 1MW. For more details, please visit our company website, www.satcon.com.
- E2SOL - E2SOL innovates renewable energy technologies, develops sustainable project solutions, and offers products designed to generate, store and distribute renewable energy.
- Elechs Kyokuto - For more than 50 years, Elechs Kyokuto has been providing reliable maintenance services for high voltage electrical equipment. The company also specializes in the PV solar industry where it provides full service engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) services, as well as solar power plant operations and maintenance (O&M).
- Photon Energy - Photon Energy is a solar power, battery storage solutions and services company covering the whole system life cycle. Photon Energy's state of the art proprietary monitoring and control system and system design seamlessly integrates solar photovoltaic, power storage and generators to provide reliable complete grid connected, hybrid and stand-alone systems. Photon Energy has engineered, built and commissioned more than 50 MWp of solar power systems across two continents and supplied the technology for many more projects. Photon Energy's O&M division provides monitoring, operations, maintenance and inverter services for over 150 MWp worldwide.
- Typhoon HIL - Typhoon HIL, Inc. is the market and technology leader in the rapidly-growing ultra-high-fidelity controller-Hardware-in-the-Loop (cHIL) for power electronics, microgrids and distribution networks which provides industry-proven, vertically integrated test solutions along with the highest-quality customer support. The company was founded in 2008 and since then has been creating products distinguished by the ultimate ease of use, unrivaled performance, leading-edge technology and affordability.
- Vikram Solar - Vikram Solar is a globally recognized Tier 1 PV module manufacturer and EPC solutions provider. With presence in more than 32 countries, Vikram Solar is building on a four decade-old success story since 2006. The company has reached 0.5 GW of annual PV module production capacity in September 2015. Vikram Solar also has a track record of building 150MW+ PV Plants as EPC contractor. As a fully forward-integrated EPC contractor, we deploy world-class technology to design, install and commission solar PV projects worldwide.
About the HDPV Alliance
The HDPV™ Alliance brings solar industry equipment manufacturers and solution providers together around a common vision for the development and delivery of lower cost and higher performance photovoltaic (PV) systems using DC power optimizers. HDPV, or High Definition PV, uses defined standards, tested compatibility and shared best practices to enable members across the PV value chain to deliver products and services that optimize PV systems – the HDPV Advantage. Companies throughout the PV supply chain are invited to join. For commercial or membership inquiries, please contact us or visit HDPV.org for more information.
SOURCE HDPV Alliance