SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 13 /PRNewswire/ -- The Health 2.0 Developer Challenge, an initiative designed to stimulate new innovative application development and data use, announces its four newest challenges which include prize money of over $15,000. The new challenges:
- West Wireless Health Institute is offering a $10,000 prize for wireless sensor integration with social networking applications through their Accelerating Wireless Health Adoption through a Standardized Social Network Platform.
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF), the Markle Foundation, CMS & the VA have issued the Blue Button Challenge which has opened up sample data sets to see what types of value added services developers can layer on top. The winner gets $2,500 and coffee with Clay Shirky!
- RWJF's Project HealthDesign has made its nine prototypes (and their vision videos) available so developers can build apps that integrate them with secure PHRs of their choice.
- RWJF and University of Wisconsin's Population Health Institute's inaugural County Health Rankings are now open, available and ready to be mashed up to create apps that help consumers make informed decisions in The Health Factor.
These new challenges join the six previous challenges announced on July 8, 2010.
- Move Your App! Developer Challenge from Snaptic and HopeLabs
- Why-Health ?!?! from Whyville.net
- The Living Record: Rethinking Medical Record Documentation from Szollosi Healthcare Innovation Program
- Real-Time Patient-Driven Data Challenge from Practice Fusion
- Improving Health Together Challenge from Keas
- RAZCODE Challenge from Razoron Health Solutions
About the Health 2.0 Developer Challenge: The 2010 Health 2.0 Developer Challenge was launched on June 2, 2010 at the Community Health Data Initiative (CHDI) meeting at the IOM, with support from the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). The goal of the challenge is to continue the excitement of CHDI and to bring the Health 2.0 Community together for rapid application development, both online and in several physical code-a-thons. For more details see www.health2challenge.org
About Health 2.0: The Health 2.0 Conference is the leading showcase of cutting-edge technologies in health care, including Online Communities, Search and lightweight Tools for consumers to manage their health and connect to providers online. The next Health 2.0 conference is on October 7-8 in San Francisco, the culmination of Health Innovation Week. For more details see www.health2con.com
For more information, please contact Hillary McCowen at Hillary@health2con.com, 1-415-287-0740
SOURCE Health 2.0