SAN FRANCISCO, July 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Health 2.0 today announced application deadlines for Matchpoint and Launch!, and highlights for its upcoming 6th Annual Fall Conference, October 7-10, 2012 at Hilton Hotel - Union Square in San Francisco. The conference, a foundational event of Health Innovation Week, will take a 360 degree view of the health care experience, revealing how groundbreaking technologies are having an impact and transforming our health care reality.
The Annual Fall Conference will tackle the latest in hot topics including population health management, big data, personalized medicine, pricing transparency, unplatforms and more, reframing them within the context of how they are shaping health care as a whole and at the constituent level.
Upcoming Deadlines and Conference Highlights:
- Matchpoint Call for Innovators
Entrepreneurs can now apply to meet one-on-one with industry leaders. Matchpoint creates a unique opportunity for entrepreneurs to get access to key decision makers, helping catapult startups forward. Applications for Matchpoint are being accepted through August 20th. Some of the confirmed hosts are Bristol-Myers Squibb, Aetna Inc., Ziegler and United Healthcare. Additional Matchpoint hosts will be announced in the coming weeks.
- Launch! Call for Participants
This fast-paced, high energy, 3.5 minute live demo series has introduced over 45 new companies and products. The audience selected winner will get the chance to demo on the main-stage at the Health 2.0 2013 Annual Conference. Positions are limited and participants are selected on a rolling basis.
- Pre-conference Sessions
October 7th sessions will focus on Health Law 2.0, Employers 2.0, Doctors 2.0, and Patients 2.0.
- Keynote Speakers
- Health Futurist, Joe Flower, will discuss practical solutions for delivering health care at half the cost.
- Mark Bertolini, Aetna CEO, will discuss Aetna's transformation from insurance to a health technology services company.
- Health 2.0 Index
Get exclusive insight on trends and deals in health IT.
- DC to VC – The conference concludes with the Health 2.0 and Morgenthaler Ventures "DC to VC HIT Startup Showcase" on October 10th. Startups will vie to present in front of hospital executives, venture capitalists, angel investors and other attendees. Deadline for health IT start-ups to apply: August 3, 2012
- The Unmentionables Engage in lively discussion on taboo topics and the ideas and solutions to address these provocative health and personal issues.
"Policy incentives, application development and industry partnerships have finally reached a critical point in unleashing a flood of innovation," said Indu Subaiya, Co-Chair and CEO of Health 2.0. "Established health care stakeholders, including payers and providers, are adopting innovative tools at a faster pace than ever before, making for one of the most dynamic and exciting marketplaces in health care that we've ever seen."
About Health 2.0
The conference. The media network. The innovation community. The Health 2.0 Conference is the leading showcase of cutting-edge innovation transforming the health care system. Since its beginning in 2007, Health 2.0 has served as a community resource for search and online tools to help consumers manage their health and connect to providers. Now that the industry has caught up, Health 2.0 covers the entire cloud, web, mobile and unplatforms technology revolution that is shaking up every sector of health care. For more, visit http://www.health2con.com.
SOURCE Health 2.0