Health 2.0 Reveals the Winners of the 2010 Developer Challenge
Sep 30, 2010, 07:00 ET
SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 30 /PRNewswire/ -- Health 2.0 announces six winners of the 2010 Health 2.0 Developer Challenge. They will be showcased at the Health 2.0 Developer Challenge session at the Health 2.0 San Francisco Conference, October 7-8, 2010.
Drum Roll Please!
- Accelerating Wireless Health Adoption through a Standardized Social Network Platform, sponsored by West Wireless Health Institute, chose team Videntity.
- Project HealthDesign Developer Challenge, sponsored by Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Pioneer Portfolio and California HealthCare Foundation, chose team Pain Care @Ringful Health.
- The Health Factor – Using the County Health Rankings to Make Smart Decisions, sponsored by Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute, chose team Acsys Healthcare.
- Real-Time Patient-Driven Data Challenge, sponsored by Practice Fusion, chose team Critsys from Critical Systems.
- Move Your App! Developer Challenge, sponsored by Catch and HopeLabs, chose team Happy Feet from Stanford University.
The Blue Button Challenge, sponsored by Markle Foundation and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, will announce their winner at the Health 2.0 Conference on October 7-8, 2010.
Health 2.0 is also hosting the Developer Challenge Live Code-a-thon at Google on October 2, 2010. Attendees will be able to browse Government Health Datasets, Keas APIs and for the first time, just for the Health 2.0 Developer Challenge, be able to request First DataBank datasets for free. Developers, designers, consumers, physicians and health care innovation enthusiasts are invited to register for this event for FREE at http://health2challenge.org/code-a-thon/.
The online Health 2.0 Developer Challenge isn't over. Six challenges are ongoing with teams actively competing, and proposals are still being accepted.
- Enabling Community Use of Data for Cancer Prevention and Control, sponsored by the National Cancer Institute
- Developer's Challenge for Consumer Apps to Visualize Health Care Quality Measures, sponsored by Health 2.0 with support from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Improving Health Together Challenge, sponsored by Keas
- The Living Record: Rethinking Medical Record Documentation, sponsored by Szollosi Healthcare Innovation Program
- Why-Health ?!?!, sponsored by www.whyville.net
- RAZCODE Challenge, sponsored by Razoron Health Solutions
About the Health 2.0 Developer Challenge: The 2010 Health 2.0 Developer Challenge was launched on June 2, 2010 at the Community Health Data Initiative (CHDI) meeting at the IOM, with support from the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). The goal of the challenge is to bring the Health 2.0 Community together for rapid application development, both online and in physical code-a-thons. For more see www.health2challenge.org
About Health 2.0: The Health 2.0 Conference is the leading showcase of cutting-edge technologies in health care, including Online Communities, Search and lightweight Tools for consumers to manage their health and connect to providers online. The next Health 2.0 conference is on October 7-8 in San Francisco, the culmination of Health Innovation Week. For more information, see www.health2con.com.
SOURCE Health 2.0 LLC
Share this article