SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Health 2.0 announces the Final Agenda for its Annual Fall Conference, October 7-10 at Hilton Hotel - Union Square in San Francisco. The preeminent event for health technology innovation tops itself with an unmatched lineup of keynote speakers, conference sessions, panel discussions, live demonstrations and deep dives that industry insiders rely on to keep tabs on tomorrow's technologies, trends and leaders.
The latest additions to the powerhouse event include:
- Jillian Michaels, bestselling author, health and wellness expert and Everyday Health Inspiration Editor also known for transforming bodies and lives on TV's The Biggest Loser, joins the keynote lineup
- Twitter takes social to a whole new level, joining as a track panel sponsor
- frog design will facilitate a workshop to challenge attendees to rethink health care and unlock innovation
- Deep Dive sessions: Blueprint Health, a leading health care accelerator, will showcase 8 startups solving real health care problems; Janssen Healthcare Innovation, an entrepreneurial group within Johnson & Johnson, invites attendees to give a 90-second pitch for a chance to explore potential partnership opportunities; and Audax Health is running a media fitness challenge.
Health Futurist Joe Flower will reveal his solutions for cutting health care costs in half. Aetna CEO, Mark Bertolini, will discuss his company's transformation from insurance company to health tech services company.
Candid Dialogue on Health Care's Hottest Topics
Panel sessions will tackle the industry's biggest challenges and opportunities, including big data in real time, population health data analysis, care transitions, personalized medicine, bankrolling health tech start-ups and the ever-provocative Unmentionables. Among the most anticipated Breakout sessions are: Accelerating Discovery: Tools for Transforming Research; Please Hold the Needles: Tools for Noninvasive Diagnosis (featuring live demos); Golden Years Going Digital: Tools for Healthy Aging; Start your Engines!: Search & Content, and more.
Other must-see sessions include:
- Body 2.0, October 7th, a consumer event where attendees can try out health tech apps, sensors, and platforms and listen to health talks by experts. $15/ticket.
- Developers World Cup, winners of Health 2.0 code-a-thons in China, Netherlands, India, Japan, Sweden, New York, Boston and Austin will face off during a live competition. The World Cup champion will receive a cash prize of $10,000, exposure to investors, and international recognition for themselves and their nation.
- DC to VC HIT Startup Showcase, a nationwide search to find the best venture backable startup ideas in health IT, culminates in the October 10th showcase where finalists present their ideas to VCs, angel investors, health IT professionals, hospital executives, and government officials.
- Matchpoint San Francisco, October 10th, gives entrepreneurs an unprecedented opportunity to meet one-on-one with industry leaders, such as Bristol-Myers Squibb, Premera Blue Cross, UnitedHealthcare, Aetna, Ziegler, Kaiser Permanente, and Medtronic.
"This year we are presenting the technologies that are collectively defining health care transformation," said Indu Subaiya, Co-Chairman and CEO of Health 2.0. "It will be the most dynamic and impactful event to date, so get ready to be inspired, network with like-minded, forward thinking individuals and indulge in the Health 2.0 experience."
About Health 2.0
The conference. The media network. The innovation community. The Health 2.0 Conference is the leading showcase of cutting-edge innovation transforming the health care system. Since its beginning in 2007, Health 2.0 has served as a community resource for search and online tools to help consumers manage their health and connect to providers. Now that the industry has caught up, Health 2.0 covers the entire cloud, web, mobile and unplatforms technology revolution that is shaking up every sector of health care. For more, visit http://www.health2con.com.
SOURCE Health 2.0