Conference to feature executive panel of leading pharmaceutical and healthcare leaders from GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, and Quest Diagnostics
PHILADELPHIA, Oct. 4 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Healthcare Businesswomen's Association (HBA) announced today that it anticipates record-breaking attendance at its 2010 Leadership Conference, October 27-29, at the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown hotel. Close to 1,000 healthcare leaders from North America and Europe are expected to converge in Philadelphia at the end of this month for one of the premier leadership conferences for healthcare professionals.
This year's conference, Leadership Impact Delivered: Innovate, Orchestrate, Perform, will feature an engaging and immersive plenary session experience with the Music Paradigm, and a powerful up close and personal luncheon program with the recognized storytelling performance company, the Moth.
"The fierce challenges faced by the healthcare industry test the strength of even the strongest healthcare leader," said Susan Torroella, 2010 HBA president. "Our award-winning leadership conference has earned a reputation for providing attendees with the opportunity to come away with real skills for practical approaches to leading their teams through difficult times."
Conference highlights include:
- The Music Paradigm, orchestrated by world-renowned Maestro Roger Nierenberg, is the opening plenary on October 28th. Featuring a live performance by a full symphonic orchestra, this opening session will engage audience participants and provide a creative framework for rethinking leadership styles, philosophies, and effectiveness.
- The Moth Storytelling Hour, as heard on National Public Radio, will provide insights through the personal stories of three senior healthcare executives.
- An executive panel featuring senior industry leaders will candidly discuss new opportunities and directions for the healthcare industry, Into the Winds of Change, on October 29. These top-ranking executives will share their insights on where our industry is headed and how effective leaders cultivate their vision for change and foster innovation. Panelists include:
- Abbie Celniker, PhD, CEO, Taligen Therapeutics
- Deirdre Connolly, president North American Pharmaceuticals, GlaxoSmithKline and 2010 HBA Woman of the Year
- Joan E. Miller, PhD, senior vice president for pathology and hospital services, Quest Diagnostics
- Mark Swindell, president, Pfizer Vaccines and 2010 HBA Honorable Mentor
Janet Taylor, MD, will serve as moderator for this panel. Dr. Taylor is a clinical instructor of psychiatry at Columbia University—Harlem Hospital. She is on the frontline battling the emotional and economic impact of mental illness. She can also be seen on Dr. Oz, Oprah, and the Today Show.
Fifteen skill building seminars will be led by industry experts in executive coaching, law, healthcare commercialization alignment and more. Seminar leaders include such notables as:
- Stephanie Marston, MFT, a dynamic motivational speaker, best-selling author, and stress and work-life balance expert and frequent guest on Oprah, The Today Show, and CNN Headline News, will lead a workshop on 30 Days to Sanity: Strategies to Reduce Stress and Live a Meaning-Driven Life.
HBA Leadership Conference
The HBA Leadership Conference is the premier professional development event for women in healthcare. The annual conference consistently delivers inspiring speakers, active learning, and rich networking opportunities. Surveys showed that attendees are able to apply skills they learn during the conference immediately to their roles upon their return. As organizations embrace new ways of thinking in order to meet the sophisticated expectations of a global world, the HBA Leadership Conference is the prerequisite for future success.
Healthcare Businesswomen's Association
The Healthcare Businesswomen's Association (HBA) is in its fourth decade as a global not-for-profit organization dedicated to furthering the advancement of women in healthcare worldwide. With 15 chapters and affiliates throughout the US and in Europe, the HBA is headquartered in New Jersey with offices in Philadelphia and Research Triangle Park. The HBA provides educational opportunities for women and men to develop cutting-edge healthcare industry knowledge and leadership skills; recognizes outstanding women and men in the industry; provides opportunities for networking; creates greater visibility for women in the industry; fosters mentoring relationships and serves as a conduit and sponsor for research on career advancement issues. HBA has nearly 6,000 individual members and over 120 corporate partners. It is widely recognized as the catalyst for leadership development of women in healthcare worldwide. For more information, visit www.hbanet.org.
SOURCE Healthcare Businesswomen's Association