SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., July 8, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Healthcare Trust of America, Inc. (NYSE: HTA) announced today that it held its Annual Meeting and filed a stockholder presentation on its website. At the Annual Meeting, the company announced the stockholder voting results.
Stockholders approved the following initiatives:
- elected the following individuals to the Company's board of directors: Scott D. Peters; W. Bradley Blair, II; Maurice J. DeWald; Warren D. Fix; Peter N. Foss; Larry L. Mathis; Steve W. Patterson; and Gary T. Wescombe. All directors were approved with greater than 98% of votes supporting;
- ratified the selection of Deloitte & Touche LLP as the Company's independent registered public accounting firm for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2015.
Additional information about Healthcare Trust of America Inc. can be found at www.htareit.com.
About Healthcare Trust of America, Inc.
Healthcare Trust of America, Inc. (NYSE: HTA) is a publicly-traded real estate investment trust that acquires, owns and operates medical office buildings located primarily on-campus or affiliated with the nation's leading healthcare systems. HTA is known for its exclusive dedication to the medical office sector and believes that this focus will be advantageous to the extent the healthcare sector continues to benefit from major macroeconomic tailwinds.
Since its formation in 2006, HTA has invested approximately $3.6 billion in medical office buildings comprising 15.4 million square feet in 28 states. A disciplined and targeted acquisition approach has positioned HTA's real estate portfolio in certain key markets (among others) with growing and healthy economics, including: Albany, Atlanta, Boston, Charleston, Dallas, Denver, Greenville, Honolulu, Houston, Indianapolis, Miami, Orlando, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Raleigh, Tampa, and White Plains. The portfolio is operated by an in-house national asset management and leasing platform which is directed from over 10 full-service regional offices across the U.S. HTA has a consistent track record since listing on the New York Stock Exchange in 2012 and believes that a commitment to long-term real estate principles will assist in its goal to generate shareholder value.
More information about HTA can be found on the company's website at www.htareit.com
This press release contains certain forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are based on current expectations, plans, estimates, assumptions and beliefs, including expectations, plans, estimates, assumptions and beliefs about HTA, stockholder value and earnings growth.
The forward-looking statements included in this press release are subject to numerous risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in the forward-looking statements. Assumptions relating to the foregoing involve judgments with respect to, among other things, future economic, competitive and market conditions and future business decisions, all of which are difficult or impossible to predict accurately and many of which are beyond HTA's control. Although HTA believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are based on reasonable assumptions, HTA's actual results and performance could differ materially and in adverse ways from those set forth in the forward-looking statements. Factors which could have a material adverse effect on HTA's operations and future prospects include, but are not limited to:
- changes in economic conditions affecting the healthcare property sector, the commercial real estate market and the credit market;
- competition for acquisition of medical office buildings and other facilities that serve the healthcare industry;
- economic fluctuations in certain states in which HTA's property investments are geographically concentrated;
- retention of HTA's senior management team;
- financial stability and solvency of HTA's tenants;
- supply and demand for operating properties in the market areas in which HTA operates;
- HTA's ability to acquire real properties, and to successfully operate those properties once acquired;
- changes in property taxes;
- legislative and regulatory changes, including changes to laws governing the taxation of REITs and changes to laws governing the healthcare industry;
- fluctuations in reimbursements from third party payors such as Medicare and Medicaid;
- changes in interest rates;
- the availability of capital and financing;
- restrictive covenants in HTA's credit facilities;
- changes in HTA's credit ratings;
- HTA's ability to remain qualified as a REIT;
- changes in accounting principles generally accepted in the United States of America, policies and guidelines applicable to REITs;
- delays in liquidating defaulted mortgage loan investors; and
- the risk factors set forth in HTA's 2014 Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2014 and in HTA's Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q.
Forward-looking statements speak only as of the date made. Except as otherwise required by the federal securities laws, HTA undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements to reflect the events or circumstances arising after the date as of which they are made. As a result of these risks and uncertainties, readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on the forward-looking statements included in this press release or that may be made elsewhere from time to time by, or on behalf of, HTA.
Chief Financial Officer
Healthcare Trust of America, Inc.
SOURCE Healthcare Trust of America, Inc.