SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., March 28, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Healthcare Trust of America, Inc. (NYSE: HTA) today announced that founder, chairman and CEO Scott D. Peters, will ring the Closing Bell at the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) April 4, 2018, at 4 p.m. EDT. HTA is celebrating over 10 years since the company was founded and the 5th year as a public company since listing on the NYSE June 6, 2012.
HTA listed on the NYSE in 2012 with a unique offering, where the company listed its shares without raising any equity. At the time, HTA's portfolio consisted of 12.4 million square feet of medical office buildings located in 26 states valued at $2.5 billion. Since then, it has more than doubled in size creating the leading medical office building company with over $7 billion invested and 24 million square feet across 33 states. In 2017 alone, HTA invested $2.7 billion, including raising $1.9 billion of equity through its public listing on the NYSE.
"The past year has been a transformational year for HTA. We have been fortunate to steadily grow as an organization, create a best in class operating platform and are the largest public owners of medical office space in the country. We will continue to be the leader in medical office space by listening to market trends and following asset demands to ensure sustained growth for the company," said Mr. Peters.
HTA executives Robert A. Milligan, CFO and treasurer and secretary of the board and Amanda Houghton, Executive Vice President of Asset Management, along with several members of the leadership team, will join Mr. Peters at the podium. Television coverage of the closing bell ceremony can be found on CNBC and live streaming of the event can be found on the NYSE website: https://www.nyse.com/bell. The bell ringing is scheduled for 3:56 - 4:00 p.m. ET. A video of the bell-ringing will also be archived on that same page after the livestream.
About Healthcare Trust of America, Inc. (NYSE: HTA)
Healthcare Trust of America, Inc. (NYSE: HTA) is the largest dedicated owner and operator of medical office buildings in the United States, comprising over 24 million square feet of GLA, with over $7 billion invested primarily in medical office buildings. HTA provides real estate infrastructure for the integrated delivery of healthcare services in highly-desirable locations. Investments are targeted to build critical mass in 20 to 25 leading gateway markets that generally have leading university and medical institutions which translates to superior demographics, high-quality graduates, intellectual talent and job growth. The strategic markets HTA invests in support a strong, long-term demand for quality medical office space. HTA utilizes an integrated asset management platform consisting of on-site leasing, property management, engineering and building services, and development capabilities to create complete, state of the art facilities in each market. This drives efficiencies, strong tenant and health system relationships, and strategic partnerships that result in high levels of tenant retention, rental growth and long-term value creation. Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, HTA has developed a national brand with dedicated relationships at the local level. Founded in 2006 and listed on the New York Stock Exchange in 2012, HTA has produced attractive returns for its stockholders that have significantly outperformed the S&P 500 and US REIT indices. More information about HTA can be found on the Company's Website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
This press release contains certain forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are based on current expectations, plans, estimates, assumptions and beliefs, including expectations, plans, estimates, assumptions and beliefs about HTA, stockholder value and earnings growth.
The forward-looking statements included in this press release are subject to numerous risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in the forward-looking statements. Assumptions relating to the foregoing involve judgments with respect to, among other things, future economic, competitive and market conditions and future business decisions, all of which are difficult or impossible to predict accurately and many of which are beyond HTA's control. Although HTA believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are based on reasonable assumptions, HTA's actual results and performance could differ materially and in adverse ways from those set forth in the forward-looking statements. Factors which could have a material adverse effect on HTA's operations and future prospects include, but are not limited to:
- changes in economic conditions affecting the healthcare property sector, the commercial real estate market and the credit market;
- competition for acquisition of medical office buildings and other facilities that serve the healthcare industry;
- economic fluctuations in certain states in which HTA's property investments are geographically concentrated;
- retention of HTA's senior management team;
- financial stability and solvency of HTA's tenants;
- supply and demand for operating properties in the market areas in which HTA operates;
- HTA's ability to acquire real properties, and to successfully operate those properties once acquired;
- changes in property taxes;
- legislative and regulatory changes, including changes to laws governing the taxation of REITs and changes to laws governing the healthcare industry;
- fluctuations in reimbursements from third party payors such as Medicare and Medicaid;
- changes in interest rates;
- the availability of capital and financing;
- restrictive covenants in HTA's credit facilities;
- changes in HTA's credit ratings;
- HTA's ability to remain qualified as a REIT;
- changes in accounting principles generally accepted in the United States of America, policies and guidelines applicable to REITs;
- delays in liquidating defaulted mortgage loan investments; and
- the risk factors set forth in HTA's most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K and in HTA's most recent Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q.
Robert A. Milligan
Chief Financial Officer
Healthcare Trust of America, Inc.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/healthcare-trust-of-america-inc-rings-nyse-closing-bell-to-celebrate-five-years-as-a-publicly-traded-company-300621165.html
SOURCE Healthcare Trust of America, Inc.