NEW YORK, Oct. 20 /PRNewswire/ -- Thumbplay® Music™, the most widely-available cloud-based streaming music service in the U.S., has launched an online video contest for fans called: "Here's How I Thumbplay!" The company, which unveiled its own "infomercial" demo video, HERE, will give the grand prize winner a new iPhone®, Android™ or BlackBerry® smartphone (winners' choice, max value $500) PLUS a one-year subscription to Thumbplay Music service.
To enter the contest (U.S.-only), Thumbplay Music fans are being asked to post a video on YouTube ® entitled "Here's How I Thumbplay." Participants can share anything about how/where/when they use Thumbplay Music — their favorite features, settings or how they've made Thumbplay part of their daily music experience. The more creative, entertaining and off-the-wall, the better!
Entry videos must feature the Thumbplay Music app and include the phrase: "Here's How I Thumbplay." Submissions with the most views and "likes" will be selected for the final round and the top three prize-winners will be chosen by the Thumbplay Music team. The second-place winner will get 6-months-free on Thumbplay Music and the third-place winner will receive 3 months all-access to the service. Entries for the "Here's How I Thumbplay!" contest will be taken from October 20, 2010 to Friday, January 7, 2011 at midnight (EST). Winners announced on January 18, 2011. To register and post your YouTube URL to enter the "Here's How I Thumbplay!" contest, click HERE. To download the Thumbplay Music app, click HERE.
Said Jeff Carr, Executive Vice President of Marketing at Thumbplay: "As we talk to our customers, we're finding that every subscriber uses the service in his/her own way. Whether it's the commuter who relies on our offline caching feature to make their subway ride bearable, the track star who uses Genie to quickly find new music, or the three-year-old who demands the SpongeBob SquarePants™ soundtrack NOW — the anytime/anywhere access is creating a whole new way to play."
Thumbplay Music has more than ten million tracks under license from all major labels and more than 35,000 independent labels. In addition to an in-app media player, Thumbplay Music boasts several compelling features, including:
- Unlimited, on-demand access to any artist or album; choose from millions of songs.
- iTunes® Playlist/Favorite Artist Import within Thumbplay Music's companion desktop app. With a few clicks, recreate iTunes playlists and have them available on your smartphone and PC/Mac.
- Genie for music discovery: Instantly generate customized recommendations from select songs – it's a great way to quickly build playlists that you know you're going to love while discovering new music.
- Favorites and effortless Playlist creation to quickly build your personal collection; auto-syncs between smartphone and PC/Mac.
- Online and offline access: No connection? No problem! Listen to music on the subway or in-flight. Available anytime, anywhere for Android, BlackBerry and iPhone.
- Music Sharing – Stream songs live on Facebook from PC/Mac: Select "Share" by right-clicking on any of the millions of songs within Thumbplay Music's desktop app. Share music with specific friends or with everyone in your Facebook network – also coming soon for Twitter™;
- Search: Find music by artist, song, album or genre; includes free previews of all songs
- Free, "no strings attached" three-day trial; subscriptions are then available for $9.99/month.
Thumbplay, which enjoys sustained profitability, has built an award-winning service centered on delivering millions of pieces of mobile content to 95 percent of U.S. devices among every major carrier. Thumbplay is leveraging its existing network of more than 8,000 distribution partners to promote Thumbplay Music.
Thumbplay, Inc. is the leading mobile entertainment provider in the U.S. Thumbplay Music, the company's cloud-based, streaming music service for every major smartphone platform and PCs/Macs, has more than 10 million songs under license. Thumbplay features content from some of the world's largest entertainment companies, including: EMI, Sony Music Entertainment, Universal Music Group and Warner Music Group, among many others. Headquartered in New York City, Thumbplay was founded in September 2004.
For a complete list of smartphones supported by Thumbplay: http://www.thumbplay.com/devices.
All trademarks property of their respective owners. No partnerships implied.
SOURCE Thumbplay, Inc.