NEW YORK, July 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Lufthansa, Singapore Airlines, Emirates Airline, and United Airlines have been named best in class by readers of Frequent Business Traveler (www.frequentbusinesstraveler.com), an online publication written for and by affluent frequent business travelers.
The Hilton chain was recognized as favorite in the Americas, Asia/Pacific (APAC) and Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA). Singapore Airlines took top honors as best airline in Asia/Pacific; Emirates Airline won its award for Europe/Middle East/Africa; while United Airlines scored tops for the Americas. The publication's readers bestowed two awards to Lufthansa – best first class lounge as well as best frequent flyer program. Honors for Best Airport in the Americas went to San Francisco International Airport. Top recognition also went to BMW as the Best Automobile Manufacturer and Hertz as Best Car Rental Chain in the World.
The Frequent Business Traveler GlobeRunner Awards recognize the world's best travel companies, including airline, hotel, car rental agencies and travel websites.
"Every day, we publish breaking news and feature coverage to meet the travel and information needs of our road warrior readership," said Jonathan Spira, editorial director of Frequent Business Traveler. "Their very selective preferences and extensive patronage of hotels, airlines and everything travel-related make their votes particularly meaningful."
Award nominees were made by the publication's editorial team of experienced travel journalists in more than 20 categories. Voting was conducted online from March 1 through May 15, and almost 50,000 votes were cast. Winners will receive a personalized award. In addition, a donation will be made in their name to the PKD Foundation, an organization dedicated to discovering treatments and a cure for Polycystic Kidney Disease which claimed the life of Frequent Business Traveler co-founder Greg Spira.
Coverage of the awards is available online at www.frequentbusinesstraveler.com/2012/07/globerunner-2012. The complete list of GlobeRunner award winners is:
- Best Airline in Asia/Pacific: Singapore Airlines
- Best Airline in Europe/Middle East/Africa: Emirates Airline
- Best Airline in the Americas: United Airlines
- Best First Class Lounges: Lufthansa
- Best Business Class Lounges: Korean Air
- Best Airport in Asia/Pacific: Hong Kong International Airport
- Best Airport in Europe/Middle East/Africa: Dubai International Airport
- Best Airport in the Americas: San Francisco International Airport
- Best Airline Alliance: Star Alliance
- Best Frequent Flyer Program: Lufthansa Miles & More
- Best Airline Food and Wine: Cathay Pacific
- Best Hotel Chain in Asia/Pacific: Hilton Hotels
- Best Hotel Chain in Europe/Middle East/Africa: Hilton Hotels & Resorts
- Best Hotel Chain in The Americas: Hilton Hotels & Resorts
- Best Hotel Chain/Group Loyalty Program: Hilton HHonors
- Best Hotel Chain Dining/Restaurant: Hilton Hotels & Resorts
- Best Credit/Charge Card Points Program: American Express Membership Rewards
- Best Mobile Phone Coverage in North America: AT&T
- Best Web Site for Booking Travel: Expedia
- Best General Travel Site: FlyerTalk
- Best Car Rental Chain in the World: Hertz
- Best Car Manufacturer in the World: BMW
- Best Luggage Maker: Samsonite
Accura Media Group, based in New York, is a publisher of online content for the new class of consumers who prefer luxury, eco-friendliness and smart design. Frequent Business Traveler (www.frequentbusinesstraveler.com) and Frequent Business Traveler Weekly bring must-read travel tips and insights, news, reviews and deals to globe-trotting executives in order to ensure seamless, productive, and successful travel. The Diesel Driver (www.thedieseldriver.com) is the leading U.S. automotive online publication that focuses on the experience of owning and driving diesel-powered automobiles.
SOURCE Accura Media Group