BOSTON, Jan. 2, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- U.S. News & World Report has ranked Health Management Resources (HMR) the No. 1 Best Fast Weight-Loss Diet for 2019. This is the fourth consecutive year that HMR's intensive diet and lifestyle-change program has held the first-place position. With HMR's recently updated mobile app, the program that has had clinical success in hospitals and phone support groups can now be followed at home.
Why Fast Weight Loss Works
According to Carol Addy, M.D. MMSc, Chief Medical Officer at HMR, it all comes down to motivation. "Losing weight quickly is incredibly motivating. It can help people stick with their weight-loss program longer, which is especially important if you have a lot of weight to lose." She adds that, "It's a common misconception that fast weight loss is not healthy or sustainable, and that it will lead to weight regain. Studies have shown that following a lifestyle-change program that promotes fast initial weight loss is associated with better long-term success."
How the Program Works
For 35 years, the HMR Program has been offered with in-person support and medical supervision at hospitals and medical facilities across the U.S. Based on the principles of behavioral science, the program includes:
- Use of HMR foods (and fruits and vegetables) to take a break from current eating habits
- Lifestyle education to learn how to make healthier food choices and increase physical activity
- Coaching for extra support and accountability
- Maintenance phase when HMR foods are tapered off, and emphasis is on lean proteins, whole grains, fruits, and vegetables for a long-term healthy eating plan
- Clinic results (in-person): Average weight loss for the Decision-Free® plan is 43-66 lbs. and 28-37.5 lbs. for the Healthy Solutions® plan, based on research studies conducted in people who completed between 12-26 weeks.
- At-home results: Average weight loss for the Healthy Solutions at Home® program with phone coaching is 23 lbs. at 12 weeks and 28 lbs. at 26 weeks for those who completed the program. (This is also available as a digital plan without phone support.)
HMR's mission is to help people learn how to make real changes so they can live healthier lives in our out-of-control food culture. HMR programs, available in person or at home, offer lifestyle education, a structured diet, and an emphasis on long-term weight and health management. Since 1983, HMR programs have been available in hospitals, clinics, and medical centers across the country. HMR Weight Management Services Corp. (HMR) is a part of Healthcare Services and Solutions, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA.
For more information, visit HMR.
SOURCE Health Management Resources