HOUSTON, Sept. 7, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning,® (One Hour) a national heating and air conditioning brand with independently owned and operated locations throughout North America, recommends homeowners follow these quick tips as Hurricane Irma approaches the East Coast. Licensed HVAC experts are available for interviews locally to talk about these tips and more:
- Turn off gas and electricity to your home to ensure safety if the water rises
- Close all exterior crawl space vents and tape them off to prevent moisture from getting in
- If your home is on a crawl space, have a battery backup with batteries in the upper floor of your home
- Tie down the exterior air conditioning unit to keep it from washing away
- If your home floods, make sure to have a Certified HVAC Technician inspect your A/C and furnace before you turn it back on
- Do not wait until bad weather is here to shut off power to the AC unit.
One Hour can provide experts for local interviews in your area to talk about these tips and general hurricane preparation before, during and after a major storm. One Hour was recently ranked No. 1 in the HVAC services category in Entrepreneur magazine's Franchise 500 list.
For more information about your local One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning, visit www.OneHourHeatandAir.com.
About One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning®
One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning® is currently ranked as the #1 HVAC franchise in Entrepreneur magazine's annual Franchise 500 (January 2017) and #30 overall. One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning puts an emphasis on trust, customer service and courtesy. Franchised One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning locations are independently owned and operated businesses. One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning is part of the Direct Energy family of brands. ©2017 Clockwork IP, LLC
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/homeowners-should-prepare-their-air-conditioners-for-hurricane-irma-300515994.html
SOURCE One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning