PISCATAWAY, N.J., June 19, 2012 /PRNewswire-Asia/ -- International occasion wear retailer HoneyDress.com celebrates its latest line of custom and special event dresses by revealing secrets about choosing the perfect dress. Company CEO Simon Chan says the secret lies in choosing a dress that highlights a woman's best features.
"The best-dressed woman is the one who is comfortable in her dress," Chan says. "There are countless styles available, so you just have to ask yourself what makes you feel sexy and go from there. There are no real rules in fashion today."
Chan has these tips for women trying to select the best dress, whether it's a wedding dress, prom dress, cocktail dress or some other kind of special event outfit:
- Classic A-line dresses aren't just for weddings anymore! A-line dresses are great for almost any body shape, especially women who are pear-shaped.
- The rules for dress styles according to occasion are all but being broken right now. Any dress can be right for any occasion as long as the fabric is suitable for the event.
- Busty women can accent their features with a scooped neckline, which draws attention to the face without revealing too much. Women trying to avert attention away from their bust should also avoid bodice fabric with a high sheen because it can draw attention to the very feature they are trying to downplay.
- Curvy and plus-sized women should look for an empire gown, which makes the most of curves without adding pounds. Avoid pleats and loose fabric.
- Apple-shaped women should focus on V-necks that gather right at the thinnest part of the waist and flair out gradually while highlighting all their thinnest areas.
- Simple silhouettes are perfect for tall women with a lower waist-line. Avoid dresses with too many frills and opt for classic elegance instead.
- Straight-lined women without a lot of curves will want a dress that creates curves in places where they don't have them. A ball gown that emphasizes a tiny waist and a sheath dress that flares out at the bottom are often good choices.
- Petite women will want a high waist-line to make their legs appear longer and small details on the bodice to draw attention upward. Sheath or trumpet dresses are good options.
- Women with small busts will want extra fabric or a ruched design on the bodice to help create curves where there aren't any.
New shoppers at HoneyDress.com will receive a $10 off coupon. The retailer is also offering up to 70 per cent off on wedding dresses, special occasion dresses (such as homecoming dresses, prom dresses, quinceanera dresses) and additional coupons for anyone who "likes" them on Facebook.
HoneyDress.com is an international dress store that specializes in custom-made dresses and offers the latest wedding gowns, bridesmaid dresses and special occasion dresses. The site also offers the latest in lingerie fashion so that women can not only look the part, but feel the part as well.