SAN FRANCISCO, May 19, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The global hormone replacement therapy market size is expected to reach USD 39.6 billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 7.7%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. A significant rise in the incidence rate of hormonal disorders in the newborns, adults, and elderly and populations is driving the market. The Prader-Willi syndrome (PWS) affects one in every 15,000 newborns, thereby boosting the demand for the therapy.
Key suggestions from the report:
- The estrogen replacement therapy segment dominated the overall market in terms of revenue share in the year 2019. On the other hand, the parenteral segment is likely to showcase the fastest growth rate over the forecast period from 2020 to 2027, owing to the rising number of hormonal disorders
- Menopause is likely to showcase the fastest growth rate over the forecast period. Women are vulnerable to certain diseases and conditions such as osteoporosis and hot flashes during and after menopause. About 73% of postmenopausal women suffer from hot flashes
- North America dominated the overall hormone replacement therapy market in terms of revenue share in the year 2019. The increase in the incidence rate of hypogonadism due to a rise in obesity and poor health in the geriatric population drive the market. According to the American Academy of Family Physicians, more than 2.5 million Americans received testosterone treatment in U.S alone in 2014
- Some of the key players in this market are Abbott Laboratories; Novartis; Pfizer, Inc.; Mylan Laboratories; Merck and Co.; Novo Nordisk; Bayer Healthcare; Eli Lilly; and Genentech.
Read 100 page research report with ToC on "Hormone Replacement Therapy Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Estrogen, Human Growth), By Route Of Administration (Oral, Parenteral), By Type Of Disease, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/hormone-replacement-therapy-market
Estrogen replacement hormone therapy helps in reducing the vaginal indications of menopause, such as dryness, burning, itching, and pain during intercourse. Estrogen is available in the forms of pill, gel, skin patch, cream or spray form. It is highly successful for treating problematic menopausal night sweats and hot flashes. Around 45% of women between the ages of 40 to 60 years of age were reported taking counseling sessions from a physician regarding the advantages and disadvantages of using hormone replacement therapy (HRT) after menopause.
Growing awareness about menopausal signs and the treatment options is growing the HRT market. Owing to the significant development for ERT, there has been an initiation of very safe treatment options for the patients situated in various geographies of the world. For example, augmentation of innovative drug delivery systems like transdermal estrogen patches and vaginal estrogen drugs.
Grand View Research has segmented the global hormone replacement therapy market based on product, route of administration, type of disease, and region:
- Hormone Replacement Therapy Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Estrogen Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Human Growth Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Thyroid Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Testosterone Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Hormone Replacement Therapy Route of Administration Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Hormone Replacement Therapy Type of Disease Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Male Hypogonadism
- Growth Hormone Deficiency
- Hormone Replacement Therapy Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
Find more research reports on Pharmaceuticals Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Hyaluronidase Market – Rising penetration across various application areas and the presence of several clinical studies to demonstrate the efficacy of the products are expected to fuel growth in market.
- Intravenous Iron Drugs Market – Growing prevalence of chronic kidney disease, increasing number of patients undergoing dialysis, and rising geriatric population are the major factors driving the market
- Skeletal Dysplasia Market – Increasing prevalence of this condition, especially in children, and growing adoption of orphan drugs are likely to contribute to the expansion of the market.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.