SANTA CLARA, Calif., and NEW YORK, Sept. 27, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Hortonworks, Inc. ® (NASDAQ: HDP), a leading innovator of open and connected data platforms, will showcase its latest technology solutions for streaming analytics, security, governance, and Apache Spark at scale at Strata + Hadoop World. As customers increasingly look to deploy cloud-based solutions, Hortonworks' connected data architectures and mission-critical security, governance, and data access innovations provide unparalleled integration across multiple clouds and the data center.
According to The Forrester Wave™: Big Data Hadoop Cloud Solutions, Q2 2016, "Hadoop in the cloud offers a new opportunity to deliver next-generation insights quickly and economically — insights that were previously limited to enterprises with the deep pockets to fund an on-premises big data sandbox." Hortonworks helps customers take advantage of this new opportunity by delivering a connected data architecture that enables organizations to harness the agility and elasticity of the cloud to power new workloads and analytic applications. These tools derive insights from both data-in-motion and data-at-rest while providing the always-on security and governance services that today's enterprises need.
"To be successful in this new world of on-demand data processing, enterprises must securely deliver data to the cloud and data center workloads that need it while ensuring the security policy and business metadata are available and enforced in a consistent way," said Shaun Connolly, vice president of corporate strategy, Hortonworks. "Our connected data platforms fuel today's digital transformation initiatives by enabling a new wave of predictive retail, factory automation and connected everything applications that span data center and cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure."
The Increased Role of Cloud in a Connected Data Architecture
Hortonworks sees increased momentum for connected data platforms adoption across its customer base and spanning all industries. As an example, 55% of financial services companies and 75% of retail companies in the U.S. Fortune 100 are Hortonworks customers. Many of these customers are exploring cloud-based deployments as part of a connected data platforms architecture. According to a recent Forrester survey cited in its Wave report, "About half of our respondents are increasing their cloud deployments: 37% told us they plan to increase their investment in big data cloud by 5% to 10%, while another 14% plan to increase it by more than 10%."
Hortonworks is well-positioned to lead customers through the big data, IoT, and cloud market trends through its connected data architecture approach and has recently unveiled new enterprise innovations in Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP®) 2.5 to deliver on the security, governance, and access requirements for connected data workloads.
- Dynamic Security and Governance to allow enterprises to classify and assign metadata tags, which enable various access policies to be enforced. These tools, when used in a layered information security approach, improve enterprise-grade security and governance for sensitive data across both data-center and cloud infrastructure.
- Enhanced Streaming Analytics capabilities enable machine learning and actionable intelligence in modern data applications.
- Enterprise Apache Spark at Scale (Apache Spark 2.0 technical preview) delivers agile analytic capabilities for data scientists around the globe.
- Apache Hive with LLAP (technical preview) enables as fast as sub-second SQL analytics on Hadoop to help ensure enhanced performance for large data sets.
Hortonworks Exhibitions at Strata + Hadoop World
Hortonworks will demonstrate how it is powering the future of data with connected data platforms at Strata + Hadoop World. Chief Technology Officer Scott Gnau will present on Thursday, September 29, 2016 at 2:05 pm ET, highlighting Hortonworks' connected data architecture vision and showcasing the Company's recent innovations. Hortonworks will also provide live demonstrations of connected data platforms in the cloud and in the data center at Strata + Hadoop World booth #409.
- Hortonworks Connected Data Platforms Cloud Solutions: http://hortonworks.com/products/cloud/
- Hortonworks Connected Data Cloud Technical Preview is available here http://hortonworks.github.io/hdp-aws/
- Blog post: Quickly Launch "Hortonworks Connected Data Cloud" Technical Preview http://hortonworks.com/blog/quickly-launch-hortonworks-data-platform-amazon-web-services/
Hortonworks is an industry leading innovator that creates, distributes and supports enterprise-ready open and connected data platforms and modern data applications that deliver actionable intelligence from all data: data-in-motion and data-at-rest. Hortonworks is focused on driving innovation in open source communities such as Apache Hadoop, Apache NiFi and Apache Spark. Along with its 1,800+ partners, Hortonworks provides the expertise, training and services that allow customers to unlock transformational value for their organizations across any line of business.
Hortonworks, Powering the Future of Data, HDP and HDF are registered trademarks or trademarks of Hortonworks, Inc. and its subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions. For more information, please visit www.hortonworks.com. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Hortonworks, Inc.