MALVERN, Pa., May 3, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Ricoh today announced the resounding success of its 3rd annual Publishing Executive Symposium, a three-day, invitation-only event in Boulder, Colorado. Dozens of attendees including publishers, industry analyst experts, paper mills and technology services providers convened to discuss how changing inkjet technologies are reshaping the book publishing industry, and how leaders in today's ecosystem can collaborate to innovate the future and capitalize on the publishing industry's evolution. In fact, IT Strategies predicts that by the year 2020, manufacturers will print more than double the amount of books with inkjet technologies than is done today.1
In recent history, high-quality journals, trade books, photo-intensive guides and other similar publications were often produced in short runs on commercial presses in Asia. However, as production inkjet technology has improved, publishers around the world have found they can now produce these applications on-demand, cost effectively and, in turn, are increasing the volume of inkjet publishing applications. Today's publishers are eager to take advantage of these new cost-effective routes to revenue while driving higher quality.
At the Publishing Executive Symposium, attendees heard case studies from Edwards Brothers Malloy, Publishers Graphics, and BR Printers on the varied ways they've unlocked inkjet's full publishing potential. Beyond inkjet, the conversations around shifting reading habits, demand for books, and strategies to help drive literacy was a key theme throughout. These business level discussions were met with "five star" reviews from the industry's key influencers:
- "This is a solid event. It's clear that inkjet is the long form of the publishing industry. Hearing from the analysts who validate that, and seeing other publishers continue adopting it is evidence that it's here and it's what will be." Don Kilburn, former president of Pearson North America
- "This event couldn't have been more perfect. The amount of takeaways we've captured is beyond what we've imagined, and the timing of these discussions as our industry evolves is spot on. It's been a great experience." – Jennifer Butenschoen, director of production and digital content, Harvest House Publishers
- "It's rare and unique to have all the members of our ecosystem (publishers, printers, paper and equipment manufacturers) together in one place, Ricoh has made our operation more effective and easier to operate and I'm proud to have the opportunity to showcase that to a room filled with peers, customers and influencers." – John Edwards, president, Edwards Brothers Malloy
- "Being surrounded by professionals in the industry who have similar concerns and interests in pursuing the latest in technology has been an invaluable experience. So many fantastic speakers and great information shared." – Ashley Roberts, senior production manager, NAPCO Media
- "I found the sense of community at this event pretty amazing. In one room you had competitive publishers, printers and paper companies, and the vibes were all positive. I've been a part of larger user group gatherings, and by far the casual, communal nature of this event made for one of the best I've ever attended." – Scott Schweder, director of business development, Domtar Paper
"Inkjet technology has become a game changer to the publishing world as its color quality, speeds, and variety and quality of paper continue to increase – that was as clear as ever at our latest event," said Jeff Paterra, Executive Vice President, Commercial and Industrial Printing, Ricoh. "The way publishing and inkjet technology intersect has fundamentally changed, and today's publishing visionaries understand that exploring these changes is crucial to adapting. With the Publishing Executive Symposium, we bring these experts together from all over the world, not only so we can update them on how we can better serve them, but also so they can exchange ideas with one another and with us. We shape future solutions around evolving needs of our customers and our customers' customers, and the best way to keep on top of that is by maintaining strong, open dialogues with publishers. Our consultative and industry leadership perspective, combined with these rich conversations, make this event truly invaluable."
1 Ricoh Publishing Executive Symposium: State of the Industry, IT Strategies, February 2017
| About Ricoh |
Ricoh is a global technology company that has been transforming the way people work for more than 80 years. Under its corporate tagline – imagine. change. – Ricoh continues to empower companies and individuals with services and technologies that inspire innovation, enhance sustainability and boost business growth. These include document management systems, IT services, production print solutions, visual communications systems, digital cameras, and industrial systems.
Headquartered in Tokyo, Ricoh Group operates in approximately 200 countries and regions. In the financial year ended March 2017, Ricoh Group had worldwide sales of 2,028 billion yen (approx. 18.2 billion USD).
For further information, please visit www.ricoh.com
© 2017 Ricoh USA, Inc. All rights reserved. All referenced product names are the trademarks of their respective companies.
Ricoh USA, Inc.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/hot-off-the-presses-ricohs-highly-acclaimed-3rd-annual-publishing-executive-symposium-returns-to-top-reviews-300450461.html
SOURCE Ricoh USA, Inc.