SYDNEY, March 10, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- You love a craic, right…who doesn't. Bet you enjoy a pint? Well the team here, at HotelsCombined.com, can't get enough of the black stuff also, so we thought we'd help you get in the mood by naming the best Irish pubs around the world to welcome in St Patrick's Day on Thursday, March 17. Slainte! (that means health by the way).
- Guinness Storehouse (Dublin, Ireland) – If you happen to be in Dublin this St Paddy's Day, a visit here is a must. The Guinness Storehouse will host a festival in honour of the Irish patron saint, and probably the most famous beer in the world. There is live music and entertainment, dance troops, complimentary local seafood, Guinness tastings (naturally) and much more. It's a great excuse to be Irish for the day, not that you ever need one. So if you're heading over to the Emerald Isle, check our list of Dublin hotels.
- Galway Arms (Chicago, Illinois) – The Galway Arms combines tradition (no gimmicks here) and Gaelic cheer to create a perfect complement to the city's historic St Patrick's Day celebration, which begins with the world-famous dyeing green of the Chicago River on March 12. Their authentic Smithwicks braised corned beef is a must to weigh the Guinness down! Check our list of hotels in Chicago.
- O'Neill's Islington (London, England) – On St Patrick's Day, the atmosphere which O'Neill's Islington is famous for will be turned up a notch with live music, great food with an Irish twist and perfectly poured pints of the black stuff. If you plan to celebrate in Blighty, browse our list of London hotels.
- McSorley's Old Ale House (New York City, New York) – New York City's oldest continuously operated saloon – everyone from Abe Lincoln to John Lennon has passed thru McSorley's swinging doors. Enter the sawdust strewn floors and history patched walls on St Patrick's Day to drink either McSorley's Light or Dark ale; they are the only options (easy to remember the drink orders). See our list of New York City hotels to help you get into the St Patrick's Day spirit in the Big Apple.
- The Irish Embassy (Toronto, Canada) – Famous not only for its beers, but also for the quality of its homemade Irish fare. Wash the Guinness down with a few patron favorites, such as Jameson chicken liver pate, traditional Irish stew and Kilkenny battered haddock. If you come late and the place is full, you can always drop into their sister location at Quinn's Steakhouse and Irish pub, eh! All the information you need to get a Toronto hotel deal is right here.
- The Snug (Boston, Massachusetts) – When the largest ethnic group in Boston are the Irish, how can you go wrong on St Patrick's Day? The Snug menu has the traditional corned beef boiled dinner, as well as other favorites, including Ellen's homemade Sheppard's pie and their award-winning, secret recipe steaks. Guinness will be poured all day, along with 13 additional draft beers from around the world. So brush up on your Boston slang and get the best Boston hotel deals right here.
- Fado Irish Pub (Washington D.C., Washington) – The pub was actually designed with materials that were shipped over from Ireland, hard to get more genuine than that. A week of festivities is scheduled, commencing on March 10 and there's no better way to kick off your St Patrick's Day than with a Guinness at 7am and an afternoon of live music and Irish dancers (well, maybe there is, but not on this day). All the Washington D.C hotel deals right here.
- Durty Nelly's (Sydney, Australia) – Each year on March 17, Sydney's most traditional Irish pub becomes the scene of one of the city's biggest St Patrick's Day celebrations. Durty Nelly's Bar will provide non-stop entertainment all day long, with a traditional Irish music session, Irish dancers, along with Tayto's, Magners Irish Cider and plenty of Guinness! For those wanting to celebrate in a more relaxed environment, their restaurant, The Print Room, offers a traditional Irish menu designed by Head Chef Damien Grimes from Tipperary. Browse our Sydney hotel deals and find a bargain.
- Dogs Bollix (Auckland, New Zealand) – This little Irish pub has a big reputation, putting on something to entertain the punters every night and St Patrick's Day is no exception. Don't worry about the suspicious sounding name, the place has a great vibe and will be packed with Kiwis and all-comers on St Pat's Day. Find an Auckland hotel deal here.
- Dublin Irish Pub (Ushuaia, Argentina) – Dublin doesn't feel so far away especially on St Patrick's Day with the lively banter and Guinness at this dimly lit foreigners' favorite. Just because you happen to be in the southern most point of the world is no reason to miss out. You'll need a place to crash (it gets to almost 0 degrees at night), so get yourself a hotel bargain in Ushuaia.
HotelsCombined.com is the world's leading hotel price comparison search engine. The site streamlines more than 2,500,000 real-time international hotel deals simultaneously, aggregating prices from online travel agents and hotel chains, including Expedia.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity.com, Agoda.com, Accor Hotels, Hilton, Best Western and Intercontinental Hotel Group. With no mark-up fees or additional booking fees, HotelsCombined.com offers travelers a completely free service to find the best available hotel deals.