SEATTLE, July 22, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Hotwire.com® reveals the six essentials to include in the ultimate #AnytimeBag with insights and recommendations from U.S. travelers. The company encourages all travel geeks to have a pre-packed bag at the ready for spontaneous weekend getaways and last minute trips to see family and friends. The results were compiled after Hotwire asked U.S. travelers what one essential item they needed to have packed in their #AnytimeBag in celebration of "Embrace Your Inner Geek Day."
"Having an 'Anytime Bag' helps make sure you're able to take advantage of spontaneous travel opportunities, but how do you know what items are critical to have packed and ready to go? We knew our tribe of travelers would have the best answers," said Hotwire® Travel Editor Carrie Peters. "Our customers are life loving travelers that know how to take advantage of those 'slightly adventurous' travel moments, and we were thrilled to have them share their inside knowledge."
According to U.S. travelers, here are the six most important travel essentials to have in your #AnytimeBag.
- Camera: Always keep a camera, charger and extra memory card to document all your adventures. Some memories are just too special to be forgotten.
- Noise canceling headphones: Planes, trains and long lines are all part of the journey. Headphones that can block out noise will be an important travel companion.
- Portable charger: In today's digitally connected world, cell phones can hold boarding passes, travel confirmations, directions to that taco truck and so on, so making sure you're always powered on and ready to go is a great call.
- Selfie stick: Yes, a selfie stick is a travel essential according to U.S. travelers. Instead of asking people to take a photo at every picturesque spot you see, become your own photographer with a modern day selfie stick.
- Travel size toiletry bag: Don't bother to try and put your liquids in small travel size containers every time you want to head out the door. Keep a toiletry bag already packed and ready to go.
- Disinfectant wipes: Keep a pack of disinfectant wipes handy. Whether you need to wipe down an airplane tray table or the coffee you spilled on your roadtrip, wipes are great to keep tucked in your bag.
For full contest rules and details, visit the #AnytimeBag page on the Hotwire blog.
Hotwire on social media:
- Blog: http://blog.hotwire.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Hotwire/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/hotwire
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hotwire/
Hotwire.com inspires spontaneous travel through Hot Rate® deals. Launched in 2000, Hotwire, Inc. obtains deep discounts from its travel suppliers to help travelers book unsold airline seats, hotel rooms and rental cars. Hotwire.com is an award winning website and Hotwire, Inc. is an operating company within Expedia, Inc. For more information, visit http://www.hotwire.com.
©2016 Hotwire, Inc. All rights reserved. Hotwire, Hotwire.com, Hot Rate, Hotwire Travel Inspiration Indicator and the Hotwire logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Hotwire, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CST # 2053390-40.
Anita Lavine, Porter Novelli for Hotwire
Carrie Peters, Hotwire
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/hotwire-asked-and-us-travelers-answered-the-ultimate-anytimebag-300302575.html