SAN FRANCISCO, March 8, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Just in time for spring break travel, Hotwire.com® today announced a new digital ad campaign that encourages travelers to take more spontaneous weekend getaways. In celebration of the new ad campaign, the company also shared their 12 most popular beach cities booked on Hotwire during the month of March*.
The ads continue with the successful brand work from 2015 and the #BeSlightlyAdventurous concept through a series of edgier travel moments, including a family road trip in the U.S.; a three-day weekend to the Big Apple; solo travel to a curious shop in NOLA; and a nude beach outing in sunny Cali – don't forget the sunscreen!
"Being slightly adventurous means saying YES to long weekends and spontaneous trips, which is exactly what our Hotwire tribe of travelers do," said Elisa Humphrey, Senior Director, Brand Marketing for Hotwire. "Travel opens us up to more opportunities to choose YES. And Hotwire is the brand that enthusiastically advocates for more moments of YES."
To help inspire more YES moments and spontaneous weekend getaways, Hotwire also released their 12 most popular beach cities with the biggest price drops during the month of March (*based on March 2015 data) – so grab that swimsuit…or not.
- Myrtle beach, SC (average daily rate $89)
- Newport Beach, CA (average daily rate $120)
- South Padre Island, TX (average daily rate $124)
- Carlsbad, CA (average daily rate $132)
- Coronado, CA (average daily rate $132)
- San Diego, CA (average daily rate $132)
- La Jolla, CA (average daily rate $133)
- Honolulu, HI (average daily rate $157)
- Panama City, FL (average daily rate $159)
- San Francisco, CA (average daily rate $170)
- Puerto Vallarta, MX (average daily rate $189)
- Clearwater Beach, Florida (average daily rate $196)
The campaign was developed by Hotwire's lead creative agency Heat and the spots can be found at:
- Near Death :30 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qizlah-vOV8
- Road Trip :30 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN0GuJ-RqKE
- Have a Good Weekend :30 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2C3S6gF8Ko
- Three Day Weekend :30 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_D64Ue4XUw
Hotwire.com is a leading discount travel site with low rates on airline tickets, hotel rooms, rental cars and vacation packages. Launched in 2000, Hotwire, Inc. obtains deep discounts from its travel suppliers to help travelers book unsold airline seats, hotel rooms and rental cars. Hotwire.com is an award winning website and Hotwire, Inc. is an operating company within Expedia, Inc. For more information, visit http://www.hotwire.com. In addition to Hotwire.com, Hotwire, Inc. also operates www.carrentals.com.
©2016 Hotwire, Inc. All rights reserved. Hotwire, Hotwire.com and the Hotwire logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Hotwire, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CST # 2053390-40.
Anita Lavine, Porter Novelli for Hotwire
Carrie Peters, Hotwire