ATLANTA, Aug. 21, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Finding a good locksmith is not on most peoples' to do list. In fact, most people don't even think about a locksmith until they have an emergency lockout or broken key and need to find a locksmith immediately. Trying to find a good locksmith may seem like an undoable task in those circumstances.
To avoid making the wrong choice, here is a checklist that will ensure that even a novice can choose a reliable locksmith who will provide good service at a reasonable rate.
- A good locksmith is licensed and insured even if the state or municipality does not require it. Insurance means that there is compensation if property is damaged or not fixed correctly. An uninsured locksmith will just try to walk away from a bad job.
- Check with the online listing or ask if the locksmith can do the job you need. A full service locksmith will be able to do any job. And always check for reviews of the company's work.
- Training is also key. A well-trained locksmith will do the job right. An inexperienced or untrained locksmith can do a bad job and damage property.
- A locksmith that provides good service will have either a local physical location or a mobile unit that can come to their customers quickly. This will ensure shorter waiting time and smaller travel charges. A person should never have to wait hours for the locksmith to show up.
- A written estimate will always be provided by a good locksmith, even if they already provided a telephone quote and all travel and minimum fees or after-hours charges will be specified up front. Don't use a locksmith that will not provide a written estimate or one that adds hidden fees after the job is done.
- The last key item is to always protect yourself and your property. Make sure that the locksmith company does a criminal background check on their employees and always ask to see the locksmith's identification. The locksmith's vehicle should be well signed. An unmarked vehicle is a sign of a jobber and there will be no accountability if they do a bad job.
Finding a locksmith that will provide good service is really not that hard. America's Lock of Atlanta is a full service locksmith with 24/7 availability. They are licensed and insured and all of their work is guaranteed. Call 888-909-0525 or visit www.americaslock.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/how-to-choose-a-locksmith-in-atlanta--good-vs-bad-service-300131530.html
SOURCE America's Lock of Atlanta