RIO DE JANEIRO, May 16, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- HRT Participacoes em Petroleo S.A ("HRT") (BM&FBOVESPA: HRTP3) and (TSXV:HRP) announces its 1Q11 earnings results.
- Four drilling rigs have arrived in the Solimoes Basin for exploratory wells;
- Spudding of HRT first well (1-HRT-1-AM) in the Solimoes Basin;
- Acquisition of UNX Energy Corp. ("UNX") concluded;
- Operational start-up of HRT America Inc. ("HRT America"), headquartered in Houston, TX, United States;
- 3D seismic surveys on the way in the Walvis and Orange Basins, in Namibia;
- Extension of exploration period for the Walvis Basin blocks granted;
For further information, please contact the Investor Relations department:
HRT Participacoes holds one of the largest independent oil and gas exploration and production companies in Brazil. The HRT Group comprises eight main subsidiaries: IPEX (Integrated Petroleum Expertise Company Servicos em Petroleo Ltda.), HRT O&G Exploracao e Producao de Petroleo Ltda., HRT Netherlands B.V., HRT Africa Petroleo S.A., HRT America Inc., BN47 Serviços Aereos Ltda., Ranger Participacoes Ltda. and UNX Energy Corp. The Company retains a 55% interest in 21 exploratory blocks in the Solimoes Basin. HRT also operates ten exploratory blocks at the Namibian coast, where it retains interest in two of them, in the Walvis Subbasin, and in other eight, in the Orange Sub-basin. HRT's team includes PHDs and masters in geochemistry, geophysics, biology and engineering, most of them former employees of Petrobras and ANP (Brazil petroleum agency). HRT is committed to minimizing any possible environmental impacts in the sites where it acts. Our commitment to the local communittes is towards health conditions, security and quality of life. For more information, please visit the Company's website: www.hrt.com.br/ir.