DALLAS, June 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Together with Mexican TV personality and father of two, Poncho de Anda, the Huggies brand is helping Hispanic parents everywhere with tips, advice and a new webisode series on tackling the everyday stresses and messes of parenthood. Premiering today on the Huggies Latino Facebook page, these webisodes feature the experiences of Poncho, his wife Lina Amashta and their two children (ages 2 and 10 months) as they deal with the challenges that come with being a parent – whether that's packing for a trip, preparing for house guests or mastering the art of feeding children.
"Parenting can be overwhelming, but my wife and I work together to constantly improve upon what we've learned over the past few years with our children," said Poncho de Anda. "And we've learned a lot – like relying on Huggies diapers and wipes, which stand up to the tests of our little ones and have helped us make it through long flights and even spaghetti night with ease!"
Tips to Tackle Parenting
Starting today, the Huggies Latino Facebook page (www.facebook.com/huggieslatino) will feature the webisodes and additional videos that will be gradually released and feature relatable parenting moments – and a little fun, too. Additionally, there will be helpful tips from Poncho and Lina:
- Diaper Bag Distractions. Raising two small children can be tricky – they want to get their hands into everything! That's why we always stock our diaper bag with small toys, a few snacks, books and Huggies Snug & Dry Diapers with improved Leak Lock. They absorb faster and keep our baby dryer longer, so he stays happy no matter where we are.
- Prep for Family House Guests. If you have small children, you've probably already baby-proofed your house. But when you have guests with their own children coming over, it's always a good time to go through the house again. Make sure cleaning supplies and medications are stored safely away, put padding on sharp table corners and remove fragile items like glass vases and frames from low surfaces.
- Have Wipes On Hand. Disposable wipes are crucial in any household with a baby. We have tubs of wipes all over the house, not just the nursery, and use them for everything from diaper changing to dinner clean up. The new and improved Huggies Natural Care Wipes are great to clean up little hands and faces after a family meal because they are gentle and fragrance-free for soft baby skin.
"By documenting Poncho and Lina's parenting experiences and giving others the opportunity to watch, relate to and learn from them, we hope to give Hispanic parents a sense of empowerment and connectedness," said Erik Seidel, vice president, Huggies Marketing. "Poncho and Lina have unique insights to offer on keeping up with busy careers and still making time for their family, and they can also show others how some of our new and improved products can help make their lives a little easier."
On the Facebook page, parents can also:
- Become a fan and share tips and stories with other Huggies parents
- Tell us how they've put new and improved Huggies diapers and wipes to the test for a chance to win a fully-stocked Huggies diaper bag
Marketing Campaign and Contest
In addition to the partnership with Poncho de Anda, Huggies is launching a full Spanish-language marketing campaign including television, print and online advertising. For more information and to stay up-to-date on the latest Huggies Brand and parenting news, visit www.facebook.com/huggieslatino.
About Poncho de Anda
Poncho de Anda, one of the most beloved U.S. Spanish-language TV personalities, is currently the host of Univision's "Dale con Ganas" and the co-host of Univision's highest-rated Spanish language morning show, "Despierta America."
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, nearly a quarter of the world's population trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds the No.1 or No. 2 share position in more than 80 countries. To keep up with the latest K-C news and to learn more about the company's 140-year history of innovation, visit www.kimberly-clark.com.