FORT LAUDERDALE-DAVIE, Fla., Sept. 27, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Nova Southeastern University's (NSU) H. Wayne Huizenga School of Business and Entrepreneurship announces the addition of six new M.B.A. concentrations and graduate certificates. All six programs will begin enrolling students in January 2012.
With the addition of these six programs, the Huizenga Business School now offers 15 certificate programs, 14 of which are also concentrations in its M.B.A. program, including sales and sales management, which were recently added in conjunction with the opening of the Huizenga Sales Institute at NSU. A list of all these programs can be viewed online here: http://www.huizenga.nova.edu/ROI
"The workplace is rapidly changing, and we are keeping up with it by creating new programs to meet the needs of employers – not the other way around," said D. Michael Fields, Ph.D., dean of the Huizenga Business School. "The Huizenga Business School is dedicated to providing high-quality, practical, and real world-based education in order to provide more immediate value to our graduates and thus, to their future employers. With the addition of these six new programs, we are providing even more market-driven education for our students."
The new programs include:
- Logistics covers many facets including distribution, transportation, order fulfillment, sales and operations planning, introduction to ERP systems, third party logistics, managing people & change within the supply chain, the greening of the supply chain, key performance indicators, and recent supply chain technologies such as RFID. International Transport and Logistics, Logistics Management and Transportation Economics Management are also included.
- Process Improvement (Green & Black Belt tracks) is a function of effective analysis and optimization and requires the use of rigorous objective, quantitative methods. The Lean Six Sigma Black Belt training program integrates classroom learning with hands-on data analysis using real-world organizational problems. The coursework includes a working knowledge of the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt and Black Belt tools, along with some basic modeling techniques.
- Supply Chain Management encompasses the planning and management of all activities involved in sourcing and procurement, conversion, and logistics management activities. Importantly, it also includes coordination and collaboration with channel partners, with can be suppliers, intermediaries, third-party service providers, and customers. In essence, Supply Chain Management integrates supply and demand management functions within and across companies.
- Business Intelligence/Analytics courses are based on the assumption that information is the lifeblood of every company, as is the ability to identify, gather, extract, and analyze this raw data. Business Intelligence uses a variety of software applications to transform these facts and figures into useful information that can be used as a catalyst for constructive decision making, cutting costs, improving operations, and identifying new business opportunities.
- Conflict Resolution teaches techniques for reducing or eliminating conflict in the workplace. Practical research confirms that any person can learn the behaviors necessary to overcome conflict with people in organizations. Learn to improve your ability to clear conflict out of the way and solve real-world conflicts that regularly occur inside today's organizations.
- Information Security teaches techniques for designing and protecting critical information with courses that emphasize applied cryptography to database and advanced network security. This cutting-edge curriculum provides the most up-to-date knowledge and is certified by the National Security Agency.
For more information and to speak personally with an admissions manager, please call (954) 262-5168, or visit: www.nova.edu/business
For a full list of Huizenga Business School program offerings, visit: http://www.huizenga.nova.edu/FutureStudents/Masters/overview.cfm
About the H. Wayne Huizenga School of Business and Entrepreneurship: Serving more than 6,000 students, the H. Wayne Huizenga School of Business and Entrepreneurship at Nova Southeastern University offers bachelor's, master's and doctoral degree programs in areas such as accounting, finance, human resource management, public administration, sales and more. The Huizenga Business School also boasts the largest Master of Business Administration MBA sales program in Florida as well as sales certificate. The school is housed in the five-story state-of-the-art Carl DeSantis Building on Nova Southeastern University's main campus in Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida, but programs are available at multiple locations and online. For more information, visit http://www.huizenga.nova.edu/.
About Nova Southeastern University: Located in Davie, Florida, Nova Southeastern University (NSU) is a dynamic fully accredited Florida University dedicated to providing high-quality educational programs of distinction from preschool through the professional and doctoral levels. NSU has more than 29,000 students and is the eighth largest not-for-profit independent institution nationally. The University awards associate's, bachelor's degrees, master's degrees, specialist, and first-professional degrees in a wide range of fields, including business, counseling, computer and information sciences, education, medicine, optometry, pharmacy, dentistry, various health professions, law, marine sciences, early childhood, psychology and other social sciences. Classified as a research university with "high research activity" by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching, NSU was also awarded Carnegie's Community Engagement Classification in 2010 for the University's significant commitment to and demonstration of community engagement. For more information about NSU visit www.nova.edu.
SOURCE Nova Southeastern University - Huizenga School of Business