PORTLAND, Ore., May 11, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Hyatt House Portland/Downtown is set to open in July 2016. Owned by RiverPlace Hotel Investors LLC, the 203-room, upscale extended stay hotel will be conveniently located in Portland's RiverPlace District and will provide guests the service and convenience of hotel living with the casual comforts of home.
"Portland is a world-class city and key business and leisure destination, and Hyatt House Portland/ Downtown will add a wonderful new option for business and leisure travelers, as well as families," said General Manager Cathleen Smith. "We know Hyatt House Portland/Downtown will be the perfect place to offer a personalized hotel experience that will make people feel right at home."
Hyatt House Portland/Downtown will be conveniently located off I-5 in the RiverPlace District and will provide guests with easy access to some of Portland's best attractions, including Tom McCall Waterfront Park, Portland Aerial Tram, Portland Streetcar Line, Oregon Museum of Science and Industry, Moda Center, and Oregon Convention Center. The hotel will be minutes away from the Collaborative Life Sciences Building, the-soon-to-open Knight Cancer Institute and Oregon Health & Science University, and the hotel will be 25-minute drive from Portland International Airport.
Hyatt House Portland/Downtown will offer:
- 203 apartment-style Kitchen Suites with fully equipped kitchens, comfy living rooms, spacious bedrooms and stylish bathrooms with complimentary skin and hair care amenities from KenetMD™
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel and guestrooms
- The Commons, a comfy lounge with an open and welcoming space for guests to relax, gather and socialize, and the Outdoor Commons, which includes an outdoor fire pit and BBQ, the perfect place to sip cocktails and enjoy savory bites
- Complimentary Morning Spread, a full hot breakfast served daily for guests, featuring a build-your-own Omelet Bar and assorted Breakfast Breads + Bowls Bar with steel-cut oatmeal, fresh fruit and more, along with vegetarian and gluten free options
- The H BAR, which features the Sip + Savor Menu, a delicious menu of home-cooked comforts with items including Snacks + Shareables, soups and sandwiches, plus premium beers and wines, offered seven days a week
- 24/7 H Market to meet the everyday needs of guests, from snacks and sundries to freshly prepared salads and sandwiches
- A 24-hour Workout Room to keep fitness routines going
- Gathering Rooms with more than 1,600 square feet of flexible meeting spaces, a tasty food and beverage menu, audiovisual equipment and a House Host to make sure events are a real crowd pleaser
- Borrows Menu with often-forgotten items from phone charges to razors
- A Very Important Resident (VIR) program, including complimentary grocery shopping, and other personalized perks, for guests with 30 plus consecutive nights
- Additional services, including Guest Laundry and complimentary grocery shopping available to extended-stay guests
- A pet-friendly policy that welcomes dogs or cats
"Hyatt House Portland/Downtown will be a perfect fit in this dynamic neighborhood – the hotel's social and contemporary environment will help guests feel connected, welcome, and at home," continued Smith. "We want each and every guest who comes through our doors to feel that they can let their real-life routines roll on, even when they're on the road."
HYATT HOUSE PORTLAND/DOWNTOWN LEADERSHIP
Hyatt House Portland/Downtown will be under the leadership of General Manager Cathleen Smith and Director of Sales Jerad Firby. In her role, Smith will be directly responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the hotel, including overseeing the hotel's 55 associates and ensuring guests encounter the thoughtful service for which the Hyatt House brand is known. Smith will be joined by Jerad Firby, Director of Sales & Marketing, who will be responsible for providing sales service and support to travelers and meeting planners frequenting the Portland area.
ABOUT HYATT HOUSE
Hyatt House, a brand of Hyatt Hotels Corporation, launched in 2012 and offers more than 65 locations throughout the United States, China and Puerto Rico. Inspired by extensive research of guest experiences, Hyatt House hotels are designed to welcome residents rather than guests and offer services, amenities, upscale spaces and a casual, comfortable environment that reminds guests of home
To learn more about Hyatt House hotels or to book a reservation, visit www.hyatthouse.com or call 866-XS-HYATT (866-974-9288).
Forward-Looking Statements in this press release, which are not historical facts, are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Our actual results, performance or achievements may differ materially from those expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. In some cases, you can identify forward-looking statements by the use of words such as "may," "could," "expect," "intend," "plan," "seek," "anticipate," "believe," "estimate," "predict," "potential," "continue," "likely," "will," "would" and variations of these terms and similar expressions, or the negative of these terms or similar expressions. Such forward-looking statements are necessarily based upon estimates and assumptions that, while considered reasonable by us and our management, are inherently uncertain. Factors that may cause our actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from current expectations include, among others, the rate and pace of economic recovery following economic downturns; levels of spending in business and leisure segments as well as consumer confidence; declines in occupancy and average daily rate; the financial condition of, and our relationships with, third-party property owners, franchisees and hospitality venture partners; the possible inability of third-party owners, franchisees or development partners to access the capital necessary to fund current operations or implement our plans for growth; risks associated with potential acquisitions and dispositions and the introduction of new brand concepts; changes in the competitive environment in our industry, including as a result of industry consolidation, and the markets where we operate; general volatility of the capital markets and our ability to access such markets; and other risks discussed in the Company's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, including our Annual Report on Form 10-K, which filings are available from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. These factors are not necessarily all of the important factors that could cause our actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from those expressed in or implied by any of our forward-looking statements. We caution you not to place undue reliance on any forward-looking statements, which are made only as of the date of this press release. We undertake no obligation to update publicly any of these forward-looking statements to reflect actual results, new information or future events, changes in assumptions or changes in other factors affecting forward-looking statements, except to the extent required by applicable law. If we update one or more forward-looking statements, no inference should be drawn that we will make additional updates with respect to those or other forward-looking statements.
Hyatt House Portland/Downtown
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/hyatt-house-portlanddowntown-expected-to-open-in-july-2016-300266845.html
SOURCE Hyatt House Portland/Downtown