SAN DIEGO, Dec. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- iboss today announced its new Threat and Event console, a core component of the company's Secure Web Gateway platform. A provider of network security solutions, iboss is releasing new functionality that gives enterprises unparalleled access to possible cybersecurity threats, malware breaches on mobile devices and attacks entering the network from social media sites. This system increases insight, shortens mitigation response and reduces the total cost of ownership (TCO) by up to 30 percent.
The iboss platform provides visibility of everything going in and out of a network, across every single network port, identifying the known and the unknown. As an example, there are 65,535 ports on a network and legacy Web security vendors, if port focused, typically monitor only ports 80 and 443. Advanced threats, applications and even SaaS services are increasingly utilizing non-standard ports outside of port 80 and 443. iboss provides the visibility to identify what is traversing your network regardless of the port utilized, providing administrators more content visibility and allowing them to establish more actionable policy.
Unlike legacy network security vendors that focus on log-based threat detection and reporting, iboss approaches the network in a completely different manner by addressing who, and from where, a person connects. iboss' cloud-based platform drills deep into a network, identifying odd behaviors and surfacing "shadow IT." This allows companies to create actionable policies that address the high-risk user behavior.
The new Threat and Event console utilizes exclusive features, such as threat GeoMapping and heat map technology, to provide an instant visual pinpoint of threats across a global map. A few examples of the advanced levels of visibility include:
- Packet level visibility across all network activity to identify Shadow IT and high-risk user behavior
- Advanced data collaboration that dynamically maps connections to the organization they represent and then correlates the information to the directory user creating the event
- Ability to track data movement to high-risk countries and organizations based on data quantity, type and where the data is originating from (i.e. company database servers)
- Live dashboards that provide information up to the second to identify high-risk activities, threats and data movement allowing for more effective mitigation
"Cybersecurity and privacy concerns are now front and center, thanks to the NSA revelations and advanced ways hackers can get into networks. These threats include mobile devices too, as malware is focusing on Android and iOS devices. These devices can be compromised when they are outside the network, infecting upon return," said Peter Martini, COO and co-founder of iboss. "Today's network security vendors and most enterprise environments are just not prepared to track, analyze and understand that type of traffic. Since we started shipping our iboss platform a year ago, we've replaced many legacy vendor installs at enterprises who need to have more insight and visibility into their networks. Many IT administrators just don't realize what can actually be seen on the network, as outdated technology doesn't provide that option."
The Threat and Event console benefits include:
- Live threat and bandwidth dashboards
- Instant URL / ad-hoc reporting capabilities, including compliance reporting and automated backups
- A dynamic drill-down interface that includes mobile device threats to allow IT to easily see the issues with the network
The iboss Secure Web Gateway combines:
- Web Security (HTTP/S)
- Scanning Inside SSL
- Layer 7 Application Management DPI/Heuristics/Signatures
- BYOD Management- Authentication, Bandwidth, High Risk Quarantine
- Mobile Security - On/Off Premise Security
- Bandwidth Throttling and QoS
- Integrated Threat & Event Console
Other comments related to the news:
- According to a January 2013 Forrester report by John Kindervag and Heidi Shey, "Data defense is the fundamental purpose of information security…Too often, organizations create data policies without a clear understanding of feasibility and purpose within their business because they themselves are in the dark about their data — from what data they have to where it resides…In today's evolving data economy, data identity is the missing link that security and risk (S&R) leaders must define in order to create actionable data security and control policy."1
- "We use various tools in our network security infrastructure, including a firewall, an anti-virus solution and iboss' Secure Web Gateway platform," said William Sperin, Director of Technology at White County Schools. "Having a clear understanding of all the traffic on our network is our number one priority and iboss gives us that depth – the level of detail is something we haven't seen from other solutions that we've implemented before. Due to this insight, we were able to prevent an attack on our network."
The iboss platform and console are available now. For a demo, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
About iboss Network Security
iboss Network Security engineers highly scalable Web security solutions providing layer 7 defense across HTTP, SSL, threat and applications securing mobile devices on or off network. iboss enables organizations to safely adapt social media, SaaS, and mobile devices while expanding access to technology. By incorporating unmatched network traffic visibility, organizations are able to identify high-risk user behavior and the Shadow IT to create more actionable policies. Visit www.iboss.com
1 Know Your Data To Create Actionable Policy, Forrester Research, Inc., January 15, 2013
Read more news from iboss.
Leigh Ann Benicewicz
LEWIS PR for iboss
SOURCE iboss Network Security