LONDON, April 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Sustainable practice is now embedded in all of the best companies. ICAEW is an impassioned supporter of those who strive to make their businesses more sustainable. The 2013 National Business Awards programme is now open and the ICAEW Sustainability Award champions those who make their business better.
The judges of the ICAEW Sustainability Award will look for organisations where everyone involved in the business or organisation owns the sustainability agenda; where sustainability is embedded into the corporate DNA and is a cultural norm; and where it is not something that is purely compliance driven.
They will be looking at examples of policies or projects that positively impact on society, the environment and the economy, they will also look for examples of where the organisation has not only changed behaviour internally but is also helping to change behaviour among customers and suppliers.
Open to all organisations in the public and private sector, this Award will go to the company that best demonstrates the following:
- A sustainable business and growth model
- How customers have engaged with sustainability policy or initiatives
- How sustainability has been embedded in company culture
- Impact of sustainability on profitability or financial performance
- Innovation of the sustainability model or its implementation
- Leadership and management of sustainability policy or initiative
- Impact on attitudes in the wider business community
Said ICAEW chief executive Michael Izza, "Sustainability in business is an ever evolving concept but so too is meeting the changing needs of people and of our planet. So the continual need to move environmental and social good practice forward and further enhance commercial operations is not just good for the world - it is also good business and should be part of the everyday life of any organisation."
Closing date for entries is 24 May; finalists will be announced in August and winners will be announced at the National Business Awards gala dinner and awards ceremony in London at the Grosvenor House Hotel, Tuesday 12th November. To enter or nominate for this year's campaign visit http://www.nationalbusinessawards.co.uk for more information.
Notes to editors:
- As a world leading professional accountancy body, the ICAEW provides leadership and practical support to over 138,000 members in more than 160 countries, working with Government, regulators and industry in order to ensure the highest standards are maintained.
Our members provide financial knowledge and guidance based on the highest technical and ethical standards. They are trained to challenge people and organisations to think and act differently, to provide clarity and rigour, and so help create and sustain prosperity. The ICAEW ensures these skills are constantly developed, recognised and valued.
Because of us, people can do business with confidence.
- The ICAEW is a founding member of the Global Accounting Alliance with over 775,000 members worldwide.
Contact Gethin Evans ICAEW press office, on +44(0)7866-853841 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
Chartered Accountants’ Hall
Moorgate Place, London EC2R 6EA, UK
DX 877 London/City