CHICAGO, March 22, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Developed by Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, the six exclusive licenses will be available for auction at the upcoming ICAP Ocean Tomo Spring 2011 Live IP Auction March 31st in New York City.
Key Characteristics & Benefits
This collection of six patent groupings discloses the following:
1. Magnetostatic Communication
- An advanced communication system that can transmit or receive audio data by modulating low frequency magnetostatic signals.
- The system can also be used for monitoring environmental or climate changes.
2. High Speed Imaging Techniques
- An enhanced optical scanning system and methods for capturing high speed images.
- The imaging apparatus is compact, portable, efficient, cost-effective, and has high sensitivity in capturing transient events. It can be used for a variety of applications, such as diagnosing fast moving machinery or assembly line products, modeling of shock waves, determining projectile motion, and documenting automobile crash test results.
3. Smart Camera Features
- A user-friendly interface for actualizing various components of a multimedia system on user commands and a video surveillance system with superior features, such as distortion correcting elements, balanced resolution, and high zooming capabilities.
4. Giant Magnetoresistive (GMR) Sensor
- An enhanced magnetoresistive sensor for detecting and measuring localized magnetic fields and advanced techniques for their manufacturing process.
- The GMR sensor manufactured using the disclosed technique has large signal response, high sensitivity, and high spatial resolution due to the novel architecture of its multilayered structure.
5. Advanced Techniques for Monitoring Computer Network Performance
- Automated techniques for measuring and analyzing the performance of distributed applications and network systems by using the communication protocols of each system.
- The disclosed techniques are useful for developing computer applications related to distributed network management, cloud computing, and commercial/enterprise software.
- The patents in this lot have been cited by many corporate giants, such as SAP, IBM, Microsoft, Oracle, and Cisco.
6. Techniques Related to Automation of Complex Data Structures
- An automated system and method for integrating and accessing multiple data sources within a data warehouse.
- The patent in this lot has been cited by such industry giants as Microsoft and IBM.
The Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory lots should be of interest to a wide range of entities, including those involved in developing applications for low frequency communication systems, manufacturing cameras and scanners, semiconductor device fabrication and companies manufacturing sensors, magnetic tapes, and data storage devices, networking, software development, system testing, information technology services, data warehousing, business intelligence, database management, and server maintenance.
- Magnetostatic interactions are used in various applications involving nano-magnetic devices, whose worldwide market was estimated to be $12 billion in 2009.(1)
- The global market for digital photography was worth around $155 billion in 2008 and is estimated to be worth $230 billion in 2013.(2)
- The video surveillance market is expected to grow from $11.5 billion in 2008 to $37.7 billion in 2015.(3)
- The global market for magnetic sensors is expected to reach $ 2.7 billion by 2016.(4)
- The global cloud computing market is estimated to reach $42 billion by 2012, while the global enterprise software market was estimated at $222.6 billion in 2009.(5)(6)
- The global data warehousing market is estimated to be worth around $28 billion.(7)
To learn more about the assets available for sale in this portfolio:
Contact Dean Becker of ICAP Ocean Tomo at Dean.Becker@us.icap.com
About ICAP Ocean Tomo LLC
ICAP Ocean Tomo is the intellectual property brokerage division of ICAP and the world's premier patent auction firm.
ICAP is the world's premier interdealer broker and provider of post trade services. The Group matches buyers and sellers in the wholesale markets in interest rates, credit, commodities, foreign exchange, emerging markets, equities and equity derivatives through voice and electronic networks. ICAP plc was added to the FTSE 100 Index on 30 June 2006. For more information go to www.icap.com.
SOURCE ICAP Ocean Tomo