LONDON, March 9, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Summary
ICT has revolutionized the education sector and technology has become an indispensable tool for the success of educational institutions. ICT provides a large variety of learning tools at the disposal of students and teachers and it plays a vital role in imparting quality learning. The use of various ICT solutions in the education sector allows the learning process to be more interesting and motivating for students.
- Kable's survey shows that educational institutions are planning to invest the highest proportion of their ICT budgets in core technology domains such as hardware, software, and IT services in 2015.
- Educational institutions are allocating a major proportion of their IT services budgets to application development and integration in order to build custom applications that can help automate business processes.
- The survey also finds that the need to adapt to digital modes of teaching is driving expenditure on the ICT training of teaching staff.
ICT investment trends in education presents the findings from a survey of 158 educational institutions regarding their Information and Communications Technology (ICT) investment trends. The survey investigates how educational institutions currently allocate their ICT budgets across the core areas of enterprise ICT expenditure: hardware, software, IT services, communications, and consulting.
The report illustrates the core technologies these institutions are investing in, including mobility, communications and collaboration, and cloud computing. Understand the approach adopted by educational institutions to purchase technology and get a better insight into ICT vendors and services providers when pitching their solutions to educational institutions.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- How ICT budgets are set to change in 2015 in terms of their overall size
- Allocation across the core elements of IT spend, including hardware, software, services, communications, and consulting
- Distribution of ICT money in areas such as the networks, applications, service desk, and data centers
- Which ICT functions educational institutions are interested in outsourcing
- Educational institutions' investment priorities based on their budget allocations across core technology categories such as mobility, communications and collaboration, and cloud computing
- Factors that are influencing educational institutions' investments in each technology category
- How educational institutions' IT budgets are currently allocated across various segments within a technology category
- Educational institutions' distribution of their ICT budget across various segments within a technology category
- Vendor satisfaction ratings for various core and advanced technology categories
- Insight into educational institutions' preferred buying approaches
- Business and IT objectives that educational institutions are looking to achieve through their IT investment strategies
- Factors that are influencing educational institutions' decisions to select an ICT provider
Reasons To Buy
- Understand how the educational institutions' ICT landscape is set to change in 2015 to prioritize your target market
- Comprehend how ICT money are being allocated by educational institutions in specific geographies and size bands to improve your market penetration
- Make effective business decisions by recognizing the opportunities within each of the core areas of ICT spend (hardware, software, IT services, telecommunications, and consulting)
- Realign your sales initiatives by understanding the current strategic objectives of educational institutions
- Enhance your market segmentation with the included, detailed breakdown of opportunities within selected technology categories (mobility, communications and collaboration, and cloud computing)
- Prioritize your focus areas by understanding which factors are influencing educational institutions' decisions when selecting an ICT provider
- Understand the changes in customers' priorities and identify the business and IT objectives that educational institutions are looking to achieve through their ICT investment strategies
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/2447601/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers