NEW YORK, Nov. 9, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Summary
Energy companies across the globe are continuously facing major issues relating to price fluctuations and a decline in demand for crude oil, due to the precarious global economic scenario. However, with the growth in population and improvement in living standards, the demand for energy is expected to witness an upward trend. The demand for energy is further fuelled by the development of urban infrastructures and the migration of people from rural to urban areas. Kable's survey shows that energy companies are expected to make a substantial investment in ICT in 2015, owing to the increasing need for an intelligent electronic networking of all the components of the energy system.
- Kable's survey shows that enterprises in the energy sector are expected to make reasonable investments in ICT in order to reduce operational costs, increase efficiency, and support intelligent load management while simultaneously adhering to environment protection goals.
- The survey illustrates that energy companies are primarily investing in the core domains of software and hardware, owing to the increasing need to boost productivity and mitigate costs by implementing smart grid technology.
- Moreover, the hardware budget of energy companies is primarily dominated by network and communications equipment and clients, while software licenses and SaaS (software as a service) led the software budget of energy companies.
ICT investment trends in energy presents the findings from a survey of 130 energy companies regarding their Information and Communications Technology (ICT) investment trends. The survey investigates how energy companies currently allocate their ICT budgets across the core areas of enterprise ICT expenditure: hardware, software, IT services, communications, and consulting.
The report illustrates the core technologies that energy companies are investing in, including enterprise applications, business intelligence, and mobility. The survey also highlights the approach to purchasing technology adopted by energy companies. Through Kable's survey, the report aims to provide a better insight to ICT vendors and service providers when pitching their solutions to energy companies. The report focuses on energy companies' ICT expenditure trends for specific business areas and technologies, identifying the top three IT projects, and understanding the business challenges faced by organizations.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- How ICT budgets are set to change in 2015 in terms of their overall size
- Allocation across the core elements of IT spend, including hardware, software, services, communications, and consulting
- Distribution of ICT money in areas such as the networks, applications, service desk, and data centers
- Which ICT functions energy companies are interested in outsourcing
- Energy companies' investment priorities based on their budget allocations across core technology categories such as enterprise applications, business intelligence, and mobility
- Factors that are influencing energy companies' investments in each technology category
- How energy companies' IT budgets are currently allocated across various segments within a technology category
- Energy companies' distribution of their ICT budget across various segments within a technology category
- Vendor satisfaction ratings for various core and advanced technology categories
- Insight into energy companies' preferred buying approaches
- Business and IT objectives that energy companies are looking to achieve through their IT investment strategies
- Factors that are influencing energy companies' decisions to select an ICT provider
Reasons To Buy
- Understand how the energy companies' ICT landscape is set to change in 2015 to prioritize your target market
- Comprehend how ICT money are being allocated by energy companies in specific geographies and size bands to improve your market penetration
- Make effective business decisions by recognizing the opportunities within each of the core areas of ICT spend (hardware, software, IT services, telecommunications, and consulting)
- Realign your sales initiatives by understanding the current strategic objectives of energy companies
- Enhance your market segmentation with the included, detailed breakdown of opportunities within selected technology categories (enterprise applications, business intelligence, and mobility)
- Prioritize your focus areas by understanding which factors are influencing energy companies' decisions when selecting an ICT provider
- Understand the changes in customers' priorities and identify the business and IT objectives that energy companies are looking to achieve through their ICT investment strategies
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p02511411-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001