LONDON, May 16, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Summary
Modern manufacturing across the globe will increasingly rely on a combination of technologies such as big data, analytics, 3D printing, and Nano technology during the next era of global growth and innovation. Despite the uncertain global economic conditions, manufacturers are expected to make steady investments in 2015, primarily driven by the need for productivity improvements.
- Kable's survey of 176 manufacturers finds that they are allocating a major portion of their ICT budgets collectively to hardware, software, and IT services. The need for innovation and increasing customer demands are further pushing manufacturers to invest in these core ICT segments.
- Inclination towards various cloud computing models is prominent among manufacturers, stemming from the increasing number of enterprises either investing or planning to invest in different cloud computing solutions in the coming two years.
- Moreover, the growing requirement of manufacturers to look for actionable data to differentiate themselves in the marketplace has created significant demand for business intelligence suites.
ICT investment trends in manufacturing presents the findings from a survey of 176 manufacturers regarding their Information and Communications Technology (ICT) investment trends. The survey investigates how manufacturers currently allocate their ICT budgets across the core areas of enterprise ICT expenditure: hardware, software, IT services, communications, and consulting.
The report illustrates the core technologies that enterprises are investing in, including enterprise applications, business intelligence, and mobility. The survey also highlights the approach to purchasing technology adopted by manufacturers. Through Kable's survey, the report aims to provide a better insight to ICT vendors and service providers when pitching their solutions to enterprises operating in the manufacturing industry.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- How ICT budgets are set to change in 2015 in terms of their overall size
- Allocation across the core elements of IT spend, including hardware, software, services, communications, and consulting
- Distribution of ICT money in areas such as the networks, applications, service desk, and data centers
- Which ICT functions manufacturers are interested in outsourcing
- Manufacturers' investment priorities based on their budget allocations across core technology categories such as enterprise applications, business intelligence, and mobility.
- Factors that are influencing manufacturers' investments in each technology category
- How manufacturers' IT budgets are currently allocated across various segments within a technology category
- Manufacturers' distribution of their ICT budget across various segments within a technology category
- Vendor satisfaction ratings for various core and advanced technology categories
- Insight into manufacturers' preferred buying approaches
- Business and IT objectives that manufacturers are looking to achieve through their IT investment strategies
- Factors that are influencing manufacturers' decisions to select an ICT provider
Reasons To Buy
- Understand how the manufacturing ICT landscape is set to change in 2015 to prioritize your target market
- Comprehend how money are being allocated by manufacturers in specific geographies and size bands to improve your market penetration
- Make effective business decisions by recognizing the opportunities within each of the core areas of ICT spend (hardware, software, IT services, telecommunications, and consulting)
- Realign your sales initiatives by understanding the current strategic objectives of manufacturers
- Enhance your market segmentation with the included, detailed breakdown of opportunities within selected technology categories (enterprise applications, business intelligence, and mobility)
- Prioritize your focus areas by understanding which factors are influencing manufacturers' decisions when selecting an ICT provider
- Understand the changes in customers' priorities and identify the business and IT objectives that manufacturers are looking to achieve through their ICT investment strategies
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/2463152/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ict-investment-trends-in-manufacturing-enterprise-ict-spending-patterns-through-to-the-end-of-2016-300269531.html