NEW YORK, Jan. 23, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Summary
Global retail organizations plan stronger increases for their IT budgets in 2016 compared with 2015. No major shift in retailers' approach to combining different IT domains when comparing survey data from 2015 and 2016 but slight increase for the share of ICT services. Growing shift to cloud services in form of SaaS, IaaS as well as PaaS depending on the retailer's strategy, IT skill base and existing resources.
- No major shift in retailers' approach to combining different IT domains can be observed when comparing survey data from 2015 and 2016.
- The growing shift to cloud-based services is not limited to SaaS, but many retailers choose to buy compute resources from cloud service providers in form of infrastructure as a service (IaaS).
- The rise of open source software has led to some software vendors charging only or mainly for support and maintenance rather than traditional software licenses.
- According to the survey, network services is receiving the highest investments among retailers, with this service area attracting an average budget allocation of 18% in 2015.
This report presents the findings from a survey of 152 retailers regarding their Information and Communications Technology (ICT) investment trends. The survey investigates how retailers currently allocate their ICT budgets across the core areas of enterprise ICT expenditure: hardware, software, IT services, communications, and consulting.
The report illustrates the core technologies that retailers are investing in, including enterprise applications, business intelligence, internet of things (IoT), and green IT and virtualization. The survey also highlights the approach to purchasing technology adopted by retailers. The report aims to provide a better insight to ICT vendors and service providers when pitching their solutions to retailers. The global survey was conducted in H1 2016 via an online methodology, with respondents all having ICT decision maker responsibility (typically CIOs and IT Managers).
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- How ICT budgets are set to change in 2016 in terms of their overall size
- Allocation across the core elements of IT spend, including hardware, software, services, communications, and consulting
- Distribution of ICT money in areas such as the networks, applications, service desk, and data centers
- Which ICT functions retailers are interested in outsourcing
- Retailers' investment priorities based on their budget allocations across core technology categories such as business intelligence, communications and collaboration, and cloud computing
- Factors that are influencing retailers' investments in each technology category
- How retailers' IT budgets are currently allocated across various segments within a technology category
- Retailers' distribution of their ICT budget across various segments within a technology category
- Vendor satisfaction ratings for various core and advanced technology categories
- Insight into retailers' preferred buying approaches
- Business and IT objectives that retailers' are looking to achieve through their IT investment strategies
- Factors that are influencing retailers' decisions to select an ICT provider
Reasons To Buy
- Understand how the retail sector's ICT landscape is set to change in 2016 to prioritize your target market
- Comprehend how money are being allocated by retailers in specific geographies and size bands to improve your market penetration
- Make effective business decisions by recognizing the opportunities within each of the core areas of ICT spend (hardware, software, IT services, telecommunications, and consulting)
- Realign your sales initiatives by understanding the current strategic objectives of retailers
- Enhance your market segmentation with the included, detailed breakdown of opportunities within selected technology categories (business intelligence, communications and collaboration, and cloud computing)
- Prioritize your focus areas by understanding which factors are influencing retailers' decisions when selecting an ICT provider
- Understand the changes in customers' priorities and identify the business and IT objectives that retailers are looking to achieve through their ICT investment strategies
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p04595282-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ict-investment-trends-in-retail-300395145.html