LONDON, March 2, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Summary
The rise in the use of wireless technologies in the context of stiff competition within the telecoms industry is driving telcos to explore and invest in emerging technologies such as network functions, virtualization, data centers, and virtual private cloud, among others
- Kable's survey shows that in order to harness potential benefits including consumer satisfaction, enhanced revenue streams, and cost savings, telcos are actively investing in core technology areas.
- With respect to investments in the core areas of ICT expenditure, including hardware, software, and IT services, the survey reveals that respondents are increasing their investments in clients, software licenses, and application development and integration services.
- Meanwhile, cutting costs, increasing revenues, and improving efficiencies are the primary business objectives for telcos.
ICT investment trends in telco/service providers (telcos) presents the findings from a survey of 145 telcos regarding their Information and Communications Technology (ICT) investment trends. The survey investigates how telcos currently allocate their ICT budgets across the core areas of enterprise ICT expenditure: hardware, software, IT services, communications, and consulting.
The report illustrates the core technologies telcos are investing in, including security products, green IT and virtualization, and mobility. Understand the approach adopted by telcos to purchase technology and get a better insight into ICT vendors and services providers when pitching their solutions to telcos.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- How ICT budgets are set to change in 2015 in terms of their overall size
- Allocation across the core elements of IT spend, including hardware, software, services, communications, and consulting
- Distribution of ICT money in areas such as the networks, applications, service desk, and data centers
- Which ICT functions telcos are interested in outsourcing
- Telcos' investment priorities based on their budget allocations across core technology categories such as security products, green IT and virtualization, and mobility
- Factors that are influencing telcos' investments in each technology category
- How telcos' IT budgets are currently allocated across various segments within a technology category
- Telcos' distribution of their ICT budget across various segments within a technology category
- Vendor satisfaction ratings for various core and advanced technology categories
- Insight into telcos' preferred buying approaches
- Business and IT objectives that telcos are looking to achieve through their IT investment strategies
- Factors that are influencing telcos' decisions to select an ICT provider
Reasons To Buy
- Understand how the telcos ICT landscape is set to change in 2015 to prioritize your target market
- Comprehend how ICT money are being allocated by telcos in specific geographies and size bands to improve your market penetration
- Make effective business decisions by recognizing the opportunities within each of the core areas of ICT spend (hardware, software, IT services, telecommunications, and consulting)
- Realign your sales initiatives by understanding the current strategic objectives of telcos
- Enhance your market segmentation with the included, detailed breakdown of opportunities within selected technology categories (security products, green IT and virtualization, and mobility)
- Prioritize your focus areas by understanding which factors are influencing telcos' decisions when selecting an ICT provider
- Understand the changes in customers' priorities and identify the business and IT objectives that telcos are looking to achieve through their ICT investment strategies
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3518493/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48