LEXINGTON, Ky., Nov. 30, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
- Lexmark International, Inc. has again been recognized as a Leader in managed workflow services (MWS) by leading IT market research and advisory firm IDC in its IDC MarketScape: U.S. 2015 Managed Workflow Services report1.
- The report analyzes the strategies and current capabilities of companies providing managed workflow services, which IDC defines as managed print services (MPS) augmented with higher value services within MPS/MPDS2 engagements. This report is IDC's successor report to its annual MPS MarketScape report.
- "Lexmark has developed a wide variety of custom industry-specific solutions and has the broadest portfolio of all vendors evaluated," the IDC MarketScape says in this year's report.
- The report goes on to say, "Lexmark highlights its technology ownership and product portfolio as a key strength, providing the company with a high level of agility in developing customer solutions. IDC agrees that this is an advantage for Lexmark, especially when combined with professional services to integrate with enterprise applications and other third party solutions."
- The IDC MarketScape calls out another Lexmark differentiator in the report: "Like most vendors Lexmark's assessment begins with data collection, but Lexmark not only collects and tracks data within the enterprise but also across companies within an industry in order to provide a comparative view and benchmark against other industry players."
- The IDC MarketScape report also notes, "Lexmark's global coverage enables it to serve multi-national and global organizations with consistency across geographies."
- Lexmark's Managed Print Services has delivered revenue growth for each of the past 15 years.
"Lexmark's technology ownership, together with our deep industry expertise and leading solutions portfolio, have resulted in MPS growth rates exceeding the industry average as we help our customers draw deeper value from their business information," said Paul Rooke, Lexmark chairman and chief executive officer. "We are honored to again be named a leader for Managed Workflow Services by the IDC MarketScape."
About IDC MarketScape
About IDC MarketScape: IDC MarketScape vendor analysis model is designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of ICT (information and communications technology) suppliers in a given market. The research methodology utilizes a rigorous scoring methodology based on both qualitative and quantitative criteria that results in a single graphical illustration of each vendor's position within a given market. IDC MarketScape provides a clear framework in which the product and service offerings, capabilities and strategies, and current and future market success factors of IT and telecommunications vendors can be meaningfully compared. The framework also provides technology buyers with a 360-degree assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of current and prospective vendors.
Lexmark (NYSE: LXK) creates enterprise software, hardware and services that remove the inefficiencies of information silos and disconnected processes, connecting people to the information they need at the moment they need it. Open the possibilities at www.Lexmark.com.
Lexmark, the Lexmark logo and Open the possibilities are trademarks of Lexmark International, Inc., registered in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
1IDC US MWS MarketScape # US40586715 Nov 2015.
2MPS/MPDS (managed print services/managed print document services)
SOURCE Lexmark International, Inc.