ANNAPOLIS, Md., Jan. 14 /PRNewswire/ -- iJET Intelligent Risk Systems, a leading provider of global intelligence and business resiliency services, is assisting clients who have travelers, expatriates, facilities or business interests impacted by Tuesday's devastating earthquake in Haiti and the Dominican Republic. The international community is gearing up for a massive relief effort, but it could be several days before foreign security forces restore any semblance of order. Looting and a mounting refugee crisis continue to cause disruptions, hindering rescue and recovery efforts and creating a lingering security risk that will most certainly exist for months, if not years, to come.
Following Tuesday's earthquake, iJET's intelligence analysts and crisis response team quickly began to assist clients with employees, families and operations in the area. iJET issued critical alerts and advice in the wake of the earthquake. Analysts, in cooperation with company resources in Haiti, continue to update information and outline appropriate actions for those traveling, stationed or operating in Haiti.
Through iJET's Worldcue® Global Control Center technology, iJET's clients were immediately able to identify and reach out to travelers and expatriates at risk, providing a rapid assessment of the impact on employees and accelerating organizational response for affected employees.
From its North American Operations Center, iJET continues to facilitate emergency evacuations, tapping its global network of response providers to ensure that clients are able to evacuate the area as quickly and as safely as possible.
"Events such as this devastating earthquake are unfortunate reminders that disasters are often both unpredictable and unavoidable," said Steve Hoffman, iJET's CEO. "Our ability to rapidly assess the impact on employees, to ensure safety and minimize disruptions to business operations amid a crisis, lies at the core of iJET's mission. We are pleased to offer the technological capability to find and communicate with affected employees and loved ones and to provide critical information and advice as the situation unfolds and, when needed, evacuations to safer areas."
iJET's intelligence analysts have issued a series of client bulletins for multinational organizations, reporting on the earthquake's aftermath and its effects. For people located in the Haiti and Dominican Republic area, iJET advises:
- Stay in a secure area with food and water as long as possible.
- Do not, under any circumstances, roam the streets after dark as law and order infrastructures have completely broken down.
- Consider using text messages, Skype or social networking sites, if available, to send and receive messages.
- Avoid the disaster zone southwest of Port-au-Prince, due to severe damage to infrastructure and utilities. Buildings that appear intact may have incurred structural damage and could be unsafe, especially during an aftershock.
- Follow the guidance of local authorities and immediately move outside if an earthquake occurs. Do not shelter in high-rise buildings, or structures that have visible stress fractures, in Port-au-Prince and surrounding areas.
- Motorcycles and scooters remain the best method of transport, but may be of interest to criminals. Exercise extreme caution if using this mode of transport and drive at low speeds at all times until well clear of population centers.
iJET continues to monitor developments in Haiti and additional resources are currently en route to Haiti to provide protection, assistance and evacuation as needed.
The company offers its sympathy to the people of Haiti, and well wishes for a quick humanitarian recovery throughout the region.
About iJET Intelligent Risk Systems
iJET Intelligent Risk Systems (iJET) is an intelligence-driven provider of business resiliency and risk management solutions to nearly 500 multinational corporations and governments – helping them survive and thrive amidst global threats to their people, facilities and supply chain assets.
iJET's services, team of world-class intelligence analysts and patented Worldcue® Global Control Center technology solutions equip decision-makers and organizations with real-time information to anticipate, respond to and emerge from business disruptions with a competitive edge. iJET's Worldcue solutions provide decision makers with timely, actionable intelligence on potential disruptions and emerging threats to employees, operating assets and suppliers.
For more information, please visit: www.ijet.com/resilient.
iJET, Travel Intelligence and Worldcue are registered trademarks of iJET Intelligent Risk Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.
SOURCE iJET Intelligent Risk Systems