MONTVALE, N.J., July 9, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- IMA® (Institute of Management Accountants), the association of accountants and financial professionals in business, today debuted its "Count Me In" podcast series.
The series will feature the latest perspectives on accounting and finance from industry experts. Topics include emerging technologies, business innovation, and the future of the profession. The podcast, produced by IMA's Education and Career Services, aims to deliver actionable information to accounting, finance, and business professionals.
"With the rapid changes we are seeing in the management accounting profession, we wanted to create a platform where professionals can more readily receive information and act on it," said Debbie Warner, CAE, CPLP, Vice President, Education and Career Services at IMA. "Our podcast is the perfect medium to deliver expertise to individuals as they are easily accessible and digestible in our 24/7 news culture."
IMA has released five episodes of "Count Me In" featuring various experts discussing timely topics including:
- Pierce Kohls, CMA, CPA, CFO at TENTE Canada Inc., discussing implementation of emerging technologies in accounting and finance
- Sean Stein Smith, CMA, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Lehman College, discussing blockchain and how it fits into the accounting profession
- Andy Burrows, CEO and Founder of Supercharged Finance and Finance Transformer, discussing strategic business innovation
- Daniel Smith, Head of Innovation and Founder of Theory Lane Integration Solutions, discussing opportunities created by data and technology for accounting and finance professionals
- Ariel Markelevich, CMA, Ph.D., Associate Professor at Suffolk University, discussing why accountants should care about blockchain
New episodes will be added on an ongoing basis with guests spanning multiple industries and disciplines.
"Count Me In" is available for listening and subscribing on iTunes, Spotify, RSS, Google Play, and on the IMA website. For more information, please visit IMA's "Count Me In" page at https://podcast.imanet.org/.
About IMA® (Institute of Management Accountants)
IMA®, named the 2017 and 2018 Professional Body of the Year by The Accountant/International Accounting Bulletin, is one of the largest and most respected associations focused exclusively on advancing the management accounting profession. Globally, IMA supports the profession through research, the CMA® (Certified Management Accountant) and CSCA® (Certified in Strategy and Competitive Analysis) programs, continuing education, networking and advocacy of the highest ethical business practices. IMA has a global network of more than 125,000 members in 150 countries and 300 professional and student chapters. Headquartered in Montvale, N.J., USA, IMA provides localized services through its four global regions: The Americas, Asia/Pacific, Europe, and Middle East/India. For more information about IMA, please visit www.imanet.org.
SOURCE IMA (Institute of Management Accountants)