BOONTON, N.J., April 27, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Publicity surrounding athletes' illegal use of human growth hormone (HGH) injections often influences public perception of HGH as a whole, leading some people to question how HGH products can be sold legally over the counter. To help clear up these questions and misperceptions, HGH.com—a leading manufacturer of natural HGH supplements—maintains comprehensive online resources where consumers can get the facts concerning the benefits, uses, side effects and functions of HGH.
HGH is produced naturally in the human body and plays a key role in children's growth and development. It can also promote muscle growth, enhanced metabolism and tissue repair in adults, though HGH production drops off rapidly after adolescence. Consequently, some adults seek other ways to boost their declining HGH levels.
Synthetic HGH, also known as recombinant HGH, is manufactured in labs and administered by injection. The FDA has approved its use only for specific diseases and medical conditions under the orders of a physician; distributing synthetic HGH for any other uses may be prosecuted as a felony (1).
Because its effects can give athletes an unfair advantage, injectable HGH is classified as a performance-enhancing drug (PED) and is banned by the World Anti-Doping Agency, National Football League (NFL), Major League Baseball (MLB), National Basketball Association (NBA), International Olympic Committee and other major sports organizations. Professional athletes who use PEDs can face serious repercussions (2); for example, NFL players caught using synthetic HGH during the football season can face suspensions, while those found to be in violation of the law could face even more severe penalties (3).
By contrast, natural HGH supplements are typically made from plant-derived ingredients and formulated to increase the body's own HGH production. This is why they can be legally sold over the counter, and why they do not show up as the illegal form of HGH in drug testing.
"The effectiveness of HGH in improving athletic performance is widely documented, and it's the reason injectable synthetic HGH is considered a performance-enhancing drug," said Dan Smith of HGH.com. "Over-the-counter HGH supplements work in a different way, and are designed to provide positive results naturally when combined with exercise and proper nutrition. At HGH.com, our goal is to educate consumers on the benefits of HGH/human growth hormone supplements, including the different types, ingredients, functions and uses."
HGH.com features extensive HGH information and resources, including the following articles:
- Human Growth Hormone (HGH) Benefits, Uses, Side Effects and Functions
- Somatotropin/Somatropin Benefits, Uses, Side Effects and Functions
- Learn More About Natural HGH Supplements
- Do HGH Releasers Really Work for Bodybuilders and Athletes?
- HGH Supplement Reviews, Benefits and Uses
- The Benefits of HGH – Human Growth Hormone Supplements
- Legal Human Growth Hormone Pills Are Effective and Gaining Large Popularity
- Do I Need Human Growth Hormone Injections, or Can I Naturally Make My Own?
- When Human Growth Hormone Pills Are Better Than HGH Injections
- Why Natural Growth Hormone Stimulators Are better than Hormone Injections
Additional articles on HGH benefits, uses, functions and other topics are posted online at http://www.hgh.com/blogger.
HGH.com offers a wide range of natural HGH supplements, which are made in the United States and produced in Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) facilities. To help consumers make informed decisions regarding which products best meet their needs, HGH.com provides comprehensive information on its product information pages in addition to the resource center articles highlighted above. For details on HGH.com's full line of Purity Select natural HGH and bodybuilding supplements, visit http://www.hgh.com.
About Purity Select and HGH.com:
HGH.com is an established provider of natural human growth hormone (HGH), bodybuilding and overall health supplements that are designed to benefit consumers naturally through dietary supplementation and provide an alternative to prescription medicine. In 2010, Purity Select acquired HGH.com and continues to offer an exclusive line of supplements for bodybuilding, muscle growth, low testosterone, increased strength, endurance, weight loss, anti-aging, and other health and fitness goals. All Purity Select products are manufactured in the United States through Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) facilities to ensure optimal quality. The company's ongoing commitment to quality, innovation and customer service has positioned Purity Select and HGH.com as leading brands within the bodybuilding supplement industry.
1. Drug Enforcement Administration. "Human Growth Hormone"; DEA fact sheet; August 2013. deadiversion.usdoj.gov/drug_chem_info/hgh.pdf
2. Vinton, Nathaniel; Michael O'Keeffe; and Leonard Greene. "PED Attorney Says Documentary Could Trigger Criminal Probe…"; New York Daily News; December 29, 2015. nydailynews.com/sports/football/clinic-peyton-manning-hgh-report-contradictory-info-article-1.2479201
3. Kelly, Danny. "NFL, NFLPA Agree to New HGH, PEDs Testing and Punishment Policies"; SB Nation Field Gulls; September 17, 2014. fieldgulls.com/2014/9/17/6340671/nfl-nflpa-steroids-hgh-testing-punishment-suspensions