The report focuses on overall market size for dye and dye intermediaries in India, India dyes market segmentation by market structure (unorganized and organized market), by product type (reactive dyes, disperse dyes, direct dyes, acid dyes, vat dyes and others), by application (textiles, leather, paper, printing inks and others), by export and domestic sales.
The report also covers the overall competitive landscape; government role and regulations, PESTEL analysis, porter's five forces model, growth drivers, trends and developments. The report concludes with market projection for future for both dye and dye intermediaries market as described above and analyst recommendations highlighting the major opportunities and cautions for overall India dyes market.
India Dyes Market Size In terms of revenue, the dyes market within India witnessed a positive CAGR majorly due to environmental crackdowns in China that led to a shutdown of several domestic dye companies. This drove the domestic sales of Indian dyes manufacturers. In terms of volume, India dyes market generated a domestic production volume of more than 2 Lakhs MTPA in 2017.
India Dyes Market Segmentation
By Market Structure The unorganized players operating in India dominates the dyestuff industry by providing dyes and dye intermediaries at lower rates in comparison with large players, thus capturing a major revenue share in 2017. On the other hand, the remaining lower revenue share was captured by the organized sector in 2017 and the segment is poised to take lead in the Indian dye industry on account of technology, product innovation and brand building.
By Product Type The reactive dyes segment dominated the Indian dyes market with a majority revenue share and a volume share in the year 2017 owing to its wide usage in the country's textile industry. Whereas, disperse dyes, direct dyes, acid dyes, vat dyes and others captured the remaining market share.
By Application The textiles industry in India established itself as market leader in terms of dyestuff consumption majorly due to high demand of polyester and cotton in India. The segment dominated with a revenue share whereas, leather, printing inks, paper and other applications captured the remaining revenue shares in the year 2017.
By Export and Domestic Sales The chemical industry plays a crucial role in terms of India's export earnings and is currently the 3rd largest producer in Asia in major chemical types including dyes, thus generating a revenue share of two third through export sales of dyes in 2017. On the other hand, the domestic sales accounted for the remaining revenue share in 2017.
Comparative Landscape in India Dyes Market India dyes market was observed to be highly fragmented with the presence of many manufacturers, out of which only a handful manufacturers constitute the organized sector whereas, the remaining major chunk make up the unorganized sector. Some of the key companies profiled in the report include Bodal Chemicals, Clariant Chemicals, Atul Chemicals, Aksharchem Ltd, Kiri Industries, Colourtex industries and Jay Chemicals Industries Limited thus, collectively grabbing majority of the market share in India dyes market in the year 2017.
India Dyes Market Future Outlook and Projections The growth of dyestuff sector in the future will be highly dependent upon the performance of end-user applications such as textiles, printing inks, paper, plastics, foodstuff and others. Indian dyes market is expected to generate revenues worth approximately INR 48,000 crore by the year ending 2022, thus growing at a positive CAGR of in the forecasted year 2017-2022E. Leading chemical companies in India have started to invest in order to expand their operational capacity to meet the ever-growing dye exports demand in India. In terms of volume, Indian dyes market is further estimated to contribute increased MTPA by the year ending 2022.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Research Methodology
3. Overall Chemicals Market Overview - Chemical Sales by Major Countries, 2016
4. India Dyes Market Ecosystem 4.1. Supplier Side 4.2. Demand Side
5. Value Chain Analysis in India Dyes Market
6. Cross Comparison of India Dyes Market with China Dyes Market, 2017
7. Global Dyes Market 7.1. Market Size and Future Outlook, 2014, 2017 and 2022E 7.2. Market Segmentation and Future Outlook by Type of Dyes, 2017 & 2022E 7.3. Market Segmentation and Future Outlook by Regions, 2017 & 2022E 7.4. Market Segmentation and Future Outlook, 2017 & 2022E
8. India Dyes Market 8.1. Market Overview and Size, 2012-2017 8.2. Market Segmentation by Market Structure, 2017 8.3. Market Segmentation by Product Type, 2017 8.3.1. By Reactive Dye type (Reactive Mild Exhaust Dyes, Reactive Highly Exhaust Dyes, Reactive Cold Dyes, Other reactive dyes), 2017 8.3.2. By Disperse Dye Type (Anthraquinone Dyes, Azo Disperse Dyes), 2017 8.3.3. By Acid Dye Type (Strong Acid Dyes, Weak Acid Dyes, Neutral Acid Dyes), 2017 8.3.4. By VAT Dye Type (Based on Anthraquinone Derivatives, Based on Indigo Derivatives), 2017 8.4. Market Segmentation by Application (textiles, leather, paper, printing inks and others), 2017 8.5. Market Segmentation by Export and Domestic Sales, 2017 8.6. Pricing Analysis, 2012-2022E
9. Snapshot on India Dye Intermediaries Market 9.1. Snapshot on India Dye Intermediaries Market - Market Size and Future Outlook, 2012, 2017 & 2022E 9.2. Snapshot on India Dye Intermediaries Market - Market Segmentation and Future Outlook, 2012, 2017 & 2022E
10. Comparative Landscape in India Dyes Market 10.1. Parameters for Competition 10.2. Comparative Analysis of Major Dye Companies in India 10.3. Market Share of Major Players Operating in India Dyes Market, 2017 10.4. India Dyes Market Heat Map 10.5. India Dye Intermediaries Market Heat Map 10.6. Company Profile of Major Players Operating in India Dyes Market 10.6.1 Bodal Chemicals Limited 10.6.2. Clariant Chemicals India Limited 10.6.3. Atul Limited Chemicals Company 10.6.4. AksharChem India Limited 10.6.5. Kiri Industries Limited 10.6.6. Colourtex Industries Private Limited 10.6.7. Jay Chemicals Industries Limited 10.7. Mergers and Acquisitions in India Dyes Market
11. PESTEL Analysis in India Dyes Market
12. Porter Five Forces Analysis in India Dyes Market
13. Trends and Developments in India Dyes Market
14. Trade Scenario in India Dyes Market 14.1. By Export Volume 14.2. By Export Value 14.3. By Import Volume 14.4. By Import Value 14.5. Rationale 14.6. By Major Countries
15. Influencers in India Dyes Market
16. Regulatory Framework for Dyes in India
17. Recent Industry Activities in India Dyes Market 18. India Dyes Market Future Outlook and Projections 18.1. Revenue and Production Volume, 2017-2022E 18.2. By Market Structure, 2017-2022E 18.3. By Product Type, 2017-2022E 18.3.1. By Reactive Dye Type, 2017-2022E 18.3.2. By Disperse Dye Type, 2017-2022E 18.3.3. By Acid Dye Type, 2017-2022E 18.3.4. By VAT Dye Type, 2017-2022E 18.4. By Application, 2017-2022E 18.5. By Export and Domestic Sales, 2017-2022E