DUBLIN, May 25, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --Research and Markets
(http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/s43qd7/freight_transport) has announced the addition of the "Freight Transport Market in India 2015 - 2020" report to their offering.
India spends around 14.4% of its GDP on logistics and transportation as compared to less than 8% spent by the other developing countries.
Indian freight transport market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 13.35% by 2020 driven by the growth in the manufacturing, retail, FMCG and e-commerce sectors.
Freight transport market in India is expected to be worth US$ 307.70 billion by 2020.
In India road freight constitutes around 63% of the total freight movement consisting of 2.2 million heavy duty trucks and 0.6 million light duty trucks covering more than 18,00,000 kms of road length carrying more than 3000MMT (million metric ton) of load annually.
NOVONOUS estimates that the road freight movement is expected to increase at a CAGR of 15%. This will be driven by the growth in Indian FMCG, retail and pharmaceutical sectors, which have large freight transport requirements across the country which is generally done by road transportation.
This report found that the rail freight constitutes around 27% of the total freight movement in India. It consists of a large infrastructure of more than 65000 kms of rail network carrying more than 1400MMT of load annually. With the growth in core manufacturing sector and with the proposed Make in India campaigns it is expected that the freight movement of core commodities like iron ore, steel, coal, petroleum etc are projected to increase at a fast pace. NOVONOUS estimates that Indian rail freight market will grow at a rate of around 10% CAGR over the next 5 years.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Need for Freight Transport Market in India
3. Freight Transport Industry in India - Overview
4. Market Segments & Forecasts for Freight Transport Market in India
5. Growth Drivers and Inhibitors for Freight Transport Market in India
6. Policies Related to Freight Transport Market in India
7. Risks Associated with Freight Transport Market in India
8. Profile of Key Players in Indian Freight Transport Market
9. EXIM Scenario in Indian Freight Transport Sector
10. Competitive Landscape in Indian Freight Transport Market
11. Industry Associations Related to Freight Transport Market in India
12. Government Bodies Related to Freight Transport Market in India
13.0 Analysis Models
14. Challenges Faced by New Players in Indian Freight Transport Market
15. Current and Future Trends in Indian Freight Transport Market
16. Case Study-Mundra Port- Re-engineering freight handling in Indian ports
17. Strategic Recommendations
- All Cargo Logistics
- Atlas Logistics
- Container Corporation of India Ltd. (CONCOR)
- Delex Cargo India Private Limited
- EXL India
- Falcon Freightlink Pvt. Ltd
- Gati-Kintetsu Express Pvt. Ltd.
- Jeena and Company Private Limited
- Om Logistics Pvt. Ltd.
- Premium Roadlines Limited
- Sarr Freights Limited
- TKM GLOBAL Logistics Ltd.
- TVS Dynamic Global Freight Services Limited
- The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd.
- Transport Corporation of India Limited
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/s43qd7/freight_transport
Media Contact: Laura Wood , +353-1-481-1716, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Research and Markets