LONDON, Jan. 27, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
The report titled "India Spice and Spice Mixes Market Outlook to 2020 – Rise in Exports and Initiation of Spice Parks to Shape Future Growth" provides a comprehensive analysis of the spices and spices mixes products in India. The report covers various aspects such as market size of overall India spices market, segmentation on the basis of chilly, garlic, ginger, turmeric and coriander and volume of exports and imports for spice products. The report also provides a snapshot on the Spice mix market in India. The market is presented by ongoing trends and developments, SWOT analysis and growth drivers. The competition in spice market is comprehensively been presented with a focus on market share of major players coupled with their detailed company profiles. In addition, the report also showcases the investment required to start a spice processing plant in India, with the future outlook of the overall Industry.
The demand for spices and spice extracts including spice oils and oleoresins is booming globally. The demand for a variety of traditional cuisines of different cultures and ethnic groups is driving the demand for various spices and spice extracts. India is the largest producer of spices. The production of spices in India has witnessed a modest growth over the period of FY'2010-FY'2015, growing from ~ thousand tonnes in FY'2010 to ~ thousand tonnes in FY'2015 with a CAGR of ~%. Unorganized segment has been dominating the spices market in India for the last many years. The market share of unorganized segment was ~% in FY'2015. Gujarat is continued to hold the dominant position as spice producing state in India. In FY'2015, ~ thousand tonnes of spices were produced in Gujarat. A combination of highly fertile soil and recent irrigation projects has given Gujarat the edge over other spice producing states. The dominance of inorganic spices segment has showcased that majority of the farmers are adopting the farming practices for inorganic spices and consumers have also shifted their preferences towards inorganic spices owing to huge cost associated with the organic spices. A major part of revenues for the manufacturer of spices come from this sector as spices are largely consumed by individuals for cooking purposes at home.
Chilly is the largest produced spice in India. It contributed to share of ~% out of the total world production. This spice is used majorly in curried cuisines. It is also used in curry powder, seasoning and other such spice mixes. MDH is the dominating player in FY'2015, with a market share of ~% in the total revenues generated from the sales of spices in the organized segment.
The population in India is surging and the increasing consumer expenditure on food explains the swelling demand for food in India. Accordingly, the demand for spices is expected to grow in the future which will lead to a prominent growth in the revenues from the sales of spices in India. The revenues from India market are expected to expand to around USD 18 billion in FY'2020, growing with a CAGR of ~% from FY'2016 to FY'2020. The highest contribution to this growth is expected to come from the spice mixes and blended spices.
Key Topics Covered in the Report:
- The market size of the India spice industry.
- The market size of the Chilly market.
- The market size of the Garlic market.
- The market size of the Ginger market.
- The market size of the Coriander market.
- The market size of the other spices market.
- Market segmentation of the Indian spice industry on the basis of organic or inorganic, organized or unorganized, rural or domestic consumption, regional production, Clients, Production and consumption of major spices.
- Market size and segmentation of the chilly market on the basis of regional production.
- Market size and segmentation of the garlic market on the basis of regional production.
- Market size and segmentation of the ginger on the basis of regional production.
- Market size and segmentation of the coriander market on the basis of regional production.
- Market size and segmentation of turmeric on the basis of regional production.
- Trends and Development in the India spice industry.
- Competitive landscape and detailed company profiles of the major processors of spices and spice products in the India.
- Future outlook and projections of the India spice industry on the basis of revenues in India.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3423892/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48