LONDON, May 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The Agriculture Industry represents an important component of the Indian economy both in terms of its contribution to the GDP as well as a source of employment to the majority of the country's population.
This sector is currently showing immense opportunities, with India presently being the world's third largest agricultural producer by value (after China and the US).
A number of transformations have taken place in this sector over the past few decades:
- Rising penetration of the organized sector
- Growth in contract farming
- Agriculture becoming more mechanized
- Easy loan facilities
- Rise of exports
- Use of agrochemicals
- High yielding seeds
- Increasing role of the private sector in processing, branding and marketing, etc.
This study is a must-read for investors, manufacturers, consultants, researchers, marketing strategists and anyone who wants to get a deeper insight into the agriculture industry in India.
- The Indian agriculture industry has grown at a CAGR of around 13% in the last 5 years.
- The farming Industry in India consisting of fruits, vegetables, cereals, plantation crops, spices and pulses representing the largest sector in the Indian agriculture Industry.
- The farming industry was followed by the food processing industry, dairy industry and the fertilizer industry.
- Floriculture, cold chain and sericulture represented the fastest growing markets.
- The unorganized sector still accounts for the majority of the market in all major agriculture segments.
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/indias-agriculture-industry-declared-third-largest-agricultural-producer-300457705.html