The report gives a detailed insight of how liquid hand washes and shower gel products perform in the Indian market.
The main factor for the growth of shower gels includes the growing availability of shower gels and body wash in supermarkets, malls, and online stores and also their ease of use compared to traditional bar soaps. On the other hand, traditionally, the bar soaps have been primarily used for washing hands by the Indian population as far as the liquid handwash category is concerned.
Though being a small category, the liquid hand wash market is fast expanding. Due to their affordability and accessibility, they have a wide reach and hence many local FMCG companies such as RB India, GCPL, Dabur India, Colgate-Palmolive, Himalaya, etc.
This report helps to understand the complete scenario with the historical and forecasted value of the Liquid hand wash and shower gel market along with its performance at various demographic levels and the insight of the top active companies in this segment.
Shower gel adaption has been recording the fastest growth in India's bathing market. The market has grown at a rapid pace and looking to the frequent adaption of such products the expected CAGR of the market to be over 18% in next couple of years. The shower gel is still a new category for the Indian consumer, however, nowadays the demand for these products is growing because of consumers spending a lot on health and skincare.
These gels are available in many ranges such as lotions, scrubs, and body sprays. Body wash and shower gels are usually considered as a premium segment in the bathing products market. Along with the growing shower gel segment a trend has been observed in the last couple of years with an increasing sense of sanitization the adaption of hand wash has sparked in the last couple of years.
The market is going to see tremendous growth with the support of governments' ongoing initiatives like 'Swach Bharat Abhiyaan' and 'Swastha Bharat' will encourage the people to maintain cleanliness and hygiene. The hand wash segment of the market has been growing around 17% CAGR in terms of volume. The trend of using hand wash products is changing and the liquid hand wash segment has found its followers in the form of the health-conscious crowd who view this as an ideal product for handwashing activities to maintain hand hygiene.
Major Companies Covered and their Brands
ITC Limited - Vivel, Fiama Di Wills, Essenza Di Wills
Hindustan Unilever Limited - Lux, Dove
Wipro Consumer Care Limited - Santoor, Chandrika, Yardley, Mitu
The Himalaya Drug Company - Himalaya Herbal Cucumber, Himalaya Herbals Cream and Honey, Himalaya
Karnataka Soaps and Detergents Limited - Mysore Sandal
Beiersdorf India Private Limited - Nivea
Geography: India & Global
Base Year: FY 2018-2019
Estimated Year: FY 2019-2020
Forecast Year: FY 2024-2025
Key Topics Covered
1. Executive Summary
2. Report Methodology
3. India Demographic Insight
4. Global Liquid Body Wash & Shower Gel Liquid
5. India Body Wash & Shower Gel Market Outlook 5.1. Market Size By Value 5.2. Market Size By Volume 5.3. Market Share 5.3.1. By Company 5.3.2. By Brand 5.3.3. By Sales Channel 5.3.4. By Demographic 5.3.5. By Tier 5.4. Product, Price & Variant Analysis
6. Global Liquid Hand Wash Market Outlook
7. India Liquid Hand Wash Market Outlook 7.1. Market Size 7.1.1. By Value 7.1.2. By Volume 7.2. Market Share 7.2.1. By Brand 7.2.2. By Delivery Format 7.2.3. By Ingredient 7.2.4. By End User 7.3. Product, Price & Variant Analysis 7.4. Raw Material 7.5. Manufacturing Process
8. India Economic Snapshot
9. India Bath and Shower Market Dynamics 9.1. Key Drivers 9.2. Key Challenges
10. Market Trends & Developments 10.1. Hand Wash & Hand Sanitizers entering in households 10.2. Innovation in Delivery Formats of Liquid Hand Wash Products 10.3. Growing Demand for Environment-Friendly Natural Hand Hygiene Products 10.4. Premiumisation in Bath & Shower Products 10.5. Multinational Companies keep focusing on Least Penetrated Markets
11. Competitive Landscape 11.1. Porter's Five Forces 11.2. Company Profiles 11.2.1. Reckitt Benckiser (India) Private Limited 11.2.2. Hindustan Unilever Limited 11.2.3. Colgate Palmolive (India) Limited 11.2.4. Godrej Consumer Products Limited 11.2.5. Dabur India Limited 11.2.6. The Himalaya Drug Company 11.2.7. ITC Limited 11.2.8. Wipro Consumer Care Limited 11.2.9. Beiersdorf (India) Private Limited 11.2.10. Karnataka Soaps & Detergents Limited