Indonesia cold chain market has witnessed a robust growth (last 5 year CAGR of 8.6%) in past few years on account of growth in pharmaceutical and FMCG industry. The demand for fresh and processed fruits and vegetables, meat, dairy and other products are on rise in the country. Beef meat production has grown at a five year CAGR of 2.5% during 2011-2016.
Cold Storage & Cold Transport: The cold chain logistics market was dominated by cold storage in the country in 2016. The cold storage contributed revenue share of 13.6% in the warehousing market of Indonesia owing to the increase in the demand of perishable goods such as injections, food and others. Cold Storage services include refrigerators, chilled room, thawing room, freezer room, blast chiller and blast freezer. Great Jakarta has more than 40 cold chain companies with major location of cold storage being North Jakarta, West Jakarta and Bekasi.
There are two types of storage facilities present in the country namely Industrial and Commercial. Commercial ones which are generally designed and built for rent or main facility of business activities such as logistics and supply chain management and generally have the capacity of below 500 tonnes. The industrial storage facilities have more than 500 tonnes capacity and function as a part of production facility. The challenge faced by cold chain industry in Indonesia is lack of availability of electrical power in the remote sites.
Product Type: Processed meat and seafood continued to record a strong double digit retail value growth in 2016. Beef meat production has grown at a five year CAGR of 2.5% during 2011-2016. The increase in pharma products usage further aggravated the demand for cold chain units both in terms of cold storage and logistics making a positive impact on the market. Fruits and vegetables accounted for third highest revenue share in cold chain market of Indonesia in 2016. Indonesia bakery and confectionery industry market has been growing with the middle class embracing the western and urban lifestyle. The other products include cosmetics, eggs, animal feed and other perishable items.
Comparative Landscape Cold chain market in Indonesia is a concentrated market. PT. Diamond Cold Storage, Maersk Line, Wahana and GAC are the leading companies in the industry. These companies compete with each other on the basis of total space of temperature controlled area, number of temperature maintained fleets, local coverage area.
Future Outlook & Projections Indonesia cold chain industry is expected to grow at a five year CAGR of 10.1% during 2016-2021. The market will be majorly driven by increasing demand for perishable items including frozen food, pharmaceutical, meat, sea food and dairy products in the country. The government funding will create new fishing ports and warehouses, expansion of existing warehouses, investment in farming community and infrastructure.
2. Research Methodology 2.1. Market Definitions 2.2. Abbreviations 2.3. Market Size and Modeling 2.3.1 Research Methodology 2.3.2 Limitations 2.3.3 Variables (Dependent and Independent 2.3.4 Multi Factor Based Sensitivity Model 2.3.5 Final Conclusion
3. Comparative Analysis of Indonesia Logistics market with Global Logistics Market 3.1. Comparison of Indonesia Logistics Market With Singapore, Vietnam and Australia 3.1.1 Growth Drivers 3.1.2 Challenges 3.1.3 Future
4. Indonesia Logistics Market 4.1. Overview 4.2. Market 4.3. Indonesia Logistics Market Size, 2011-2016 4.4. Indonesia Logistic Market Segmentation 4.4.1. By Service Mix, 2016
5. Indonesia Warehousing Market 5.1. Indonesia Warehousing Market Size by Revenues, 2011-2016 5.1.1. By Business Model (Industrial and Retail, Container Freight and Cold Storage), 2016
6. Indonesia Cold Chain Market 6.1. Market Overview and Genesis 6.2. Indonesia Cold Chain Industry Market Size by Revenue, 2011-2016 6.3. Indonesia Cold Chain Market Segmentation 6.3.1. By Cold Storage and Cold Transport, 2016 6.3.2. By Products (Meat and Seafood, Vaccines and Other Pharma Products, Bakery and Confectionary, Fruits and Vegetables and Others), 2016 6.4. Comparison of Multiple Cold Storage Firms in Indonesia 6.5. Competitive Benchmarking 6.5.1. Competition Scenario in Indonesia Cold Chain Market 6.6. Indonesia Cold Chain Market Future Outlook and Projections, 2017-2021 6.6.1. By Cold Storage and Cold Transport, 2021
7. Industry Norms and Regulations
8. Growth Drivers and Trends 8.1. Growth in the Retail sector 8.2. Surging E-Commerce Logistics 8.3. Growth in the Trade Scenario of Indonesia 8.4. Growing Sales for Pharmaceutical Sector 8.5. Governmental Infrastructure Support
9. Issues and Challenges 9.1. Shortage of Skilled Labor 9.2. Inadequate Infrastructure 9.3. High Logistics Cost 9.4. Increase in Shipping Time 9.5. Customs Clearance Procedure Duration
10. Competitive Landscape of Major Players in Indonesia Cold Chain Market 10.1. PT. Wahana Cold Storage 10.2. Pt. Mega International Sejahtera