DENVER, Feb. 22, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- RGL Forensics, an international forensic accounting, consulting and financial investigation firm, announced today their involvement in Spike TV's "1,000 Ways to Die" to provide expert commentary on corporate espionage and share tips on how companies can avoid employee fraud.
Robert Jones, an RGL Partner based out of Los Angeles, will be an expert on the show speaking about corporate espionage and employee fraud. Jones is a veteran of RGL, with an accomplished portfolio including forensic accounting investigation of corporate fraud, serving as an expert witness in high-profile cases, and conducting suspect interviews.
Jones offers three tips to avoid employee fraud in a company whether it is a company of four employees or 4,000:
1. Establish clear guidelines for reimbursable expenses. In large and small companies, these expenses can be significant amounts of money and include travel, hotel or large office purchases.
2. Watch for red-flag employee behavior including:
- Excessive drinking or gambling
- Living beyond their means
- Carrying excessive amounts of cash
3. Watch for segregation of duties and make sure you have a checks-and-balances system in place. For many small companies no one is re-checking the finances, leaving a larger opportunity of fraud within the people handling the money.
According to Jones, corporate fraud is one of the business world's best-kept secrets. It happens everyday in businesses of all sizes and costs companies billions of dollars annually.
"Companies don't want the public to think they are unorganized or don't have control of their finances," said Jones. "This is something that many companies often don't try to prevent in advance and ends up costing them a significant amount of money to fix."
Jones' example of corporate espionage featured on "1,000 Ways to Die" is set to air in the third season of the show in Spring 2011. The story line will focus on a spy who sneaks into a corporation to steal insider information and gets stuck in an industrial dishwasher.
About RGL Forensics
RGL Forensics is an international firm of accounting, finance and technology professionals who are specially trained in discovering and defining financial value. The firm has served the insurance, legal, corporate and public markets for over 30 years. For more information about RGL Forensics, please visit www.rgl.com.
SOURCE RGL Forensics