Purex® product launch receives Annual Award from Marketing to Moms Coalition
CHICAGO, June 9 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Global manufacturing leader Henkel is the recipient of the 2010 H.E.R. award, an annual accolade from the Marketing to Moms Coalition industry group. The H.E.R award recognizes companies that honor, empower and respect mothers through their marketing and public relations campaigns.
"Henkel's launch of Purex® Complete 3-in-1® Laundry Sheets is an entertaining, insightful and powerful demonstration of how to reach modern moms," says Teri Lucie Thompson, a founding member of the Marketing to Moms Coalition and vice president of marketing and media at Purdue University. "The company's campaign was well-executed and delivered outstanding results. It's a veritable case study on how to reach moms effectively."
"Our campaign was built on the understanding that moms want to hear from other moms," says Stephen Koven, Purex Senior Brand Manager. "The comments and quotes in our advertising come directly from moms themselves." Henkel's campaign was created from insights generated through online studies, panel studies, ethnographies and a variety of other research methods.
The Purex Complete 3-in-1 Launch included the following elements:
- Blogger relations campaign with influential mom bloggers, to generate word-of-mouth publicity
- Social media outreach on Facebook and Twitter
- Print and television advertising that ran during season finales of shows, including Desperate Housewives and Ugly Betty
- Real mom testimonials and viral videos, often featuring a great sense of humor
- Dedicated website, www.purexinsiders.com, showcasing real moms' opinions of Purex Complete 3-in-1 laundry sheets
- A cause-marketing campaign, "Purex Changes Lives," in which the company donated $50,000 to help 100 global moms pull their families out of poverty
About the Marketing to Moms Coalition
The Marketing to Moms Coalition is the only industry group dedicated to furthering an understanding of America's most powerful consumers. A not-for-profit organization, the group's goal is to share knowledge and insights about moms to help marketers create programs that engage and empower this driving force of the American economy. More information about the coalition can be found at www.marketingtomomscoalition.org.
Henkel has been committed to making people's lives easier, better and more beautiful for more than 130 years. A Fortune Global 500 company, Henkel offers strong brands and technologies in three areas of competence: Home Care, Personal Care and Adhesive Technologies. Each day, about 50,000 employees worldwide are dedicated to fulfilling Henkel's claim "A Brand like a Friend." In fiscal 2009, Henkel generated sales of $18.86 billion and adjusted operating profit of $1.84 billion.
For more information on Purex Complete 3-in-1 laundry sheets and other Purex products, please visit www.Purex.com.
SOURCE Marketing to Moms Coalition