WESTFORD, Mass., July 18, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
- Sonus advances NFV with Miercom performance test, proving its best-in-class SBC SWe performs mission critical roles as well as hardware-based SBC appliances.
- SBC SWe gives service providers and enterprises a certified foundation for SBC services in the Cloud.
- Performance and resilience verification scenarios show superior call quality at full capacity even in a variety of high-stress scenarios.
Sonus Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: SONS), a global leader in secure and intelligent Cloud communications, announced today that Miercom, an independent certification company, verified the performance of its award-winning SBC SWe in NFV environments through extensive testing.
As customers migrate real-time communications to NFV and Cloud environments, the SBC SWe provides a Cloud-optimized approach for SIP session management, security and resiliency that delivers the same robust experience as hardware-based SBCs. The Miercom Performance Verified Certification results prove that customers can virtualize their Sonus SBCs without requiring proprietary hardware or physical digital singling processor resources and move them to the Cloud without sacrificing performance, quality or resiliency.
Miercom found that the SBC SWe exhibited remarkable performance when compared to hardware-based appliances, including the ability to:
- Easily maintain a superior constant rate of sustained calls with IPv4-to-IPv6 interworking, RTP-to-SRTP interworking or SIP header manipulation with no scalability loss or call quality degradations;
- Deliver instantaneous failover of media and signaling ports with no service interruption while maintaining an excellent MOS rating;
- Handle a significant increase in sustained call capacity as virtual system memory is increased;
- Successfully handle sustained DoS attacks, high call overloads and registration floods with no negative impact on SBC performance or call quality; and
- Provide no loss of system performance at full endpoint capacity during a registration avalanche.
"Miercom's certification program is the industry's most trusted assessment of product usability and performance," said Kevin Riley, Sonus senior vice president and CTO. "Sonus has long maintained that call capacity should be measured by real-life workloads. Miercom's certification of the SBC SWe's performance in extreme conditions is exactly the assurance our customers require as they migrate their real-time communications to the Cloud."
"The test results confirm that Sonus' SBC SWe delivers impressive, extremely reliable performance, running as a Virtual Network Function on a Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) server using a hypervisor," said Robert Smithers, CEO, Miercom. "With sophisticated call handling, interworking, transcoding, high availability and immunity from DoS attacks, we are pleased to award the Sonus SBC SWe the Miercom Performance Verified Certification."
- The SBC SWe can be deployed in a variety of virtual and Cloud environments, including VMware, KVM, Microsoft Hyper-V, OpenStack and Amazon Web Services.
- Customers may deploy virtual and physical SBCs from the Sonus SBC portfolio in a seamless manner and manage them through a single Element Management System.
- The Sonus SBC SWe has been deployed in more than 100 networks to date.
- Click here to download a free copy of the Miercom report, Sonus SBC SWe Session Border Controller Independent Performance Verification.
- Watch a video on Sonus' Cloud-optimized SBCs by clicking here.
- Click here for an overview of Sonus' Cloud and virtualization solutions.
- To learn more about Sonus' SBC SWe, click here.
Tags/Keywords: Sonus Networks, SONS, Session Border Controller, SBC SWe, Miercom, Performance Verification Testing, Cloud, NFV
Sonus brings the next generation of Cloud-based SIP and 4G/VoLTE solutions to its customers by enabling and securing mission critical traffic for VoIP, video, IM and online collaboration. With Sonus, enterprises can intelligently secure and prioritize real-time communications, while service providers can deliver reliable, secure real-time services for mobile, UC and social applications. Sonus offers an award-winning portfolio of hardware-based and virtualized Session Border Controllers (SBCs), Diameter Signaling Controllers (DSCs), Cloud Exchange Networking Platform, Policy/Routing servers and media/signaling gateways. Visit www.sonus.net or call 1-855-GO-SONUS. Follow Sonus on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram.
Important Information Regarding Forward-Looking Statements:
The information in this release contains forward-looking statements regarding future events that involve risks and uncertainties. All statements other than statements of historical facts contained in this release are forward-looking statements. Our actual results may differ materially from those contemplated by the forward-looking statements. For further information regarding risks and uncertainties associated with Sonus' business, please refer to the "Risk Factors" section of Sonus' most recent annual or quarterly report filed with the SEC. Any forward-looking statements represent Sonus' views only as of the date on which such statement is made and should not be relied upon as representing Sonus' views as of any subsequent date. While Sonus may elect to update forward-looking statements at some point, Sonus specifically disclaims any obligation to do so.
Jason Vancura, +1-978-614-8321
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/industry-leading-sonus-sbc-swe-receives-miercom-performance-verified-certification-300299873.html
SOURCE Sonus Networks, Inc.