Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) Market to Reach USD 31.49 Billion By 2028: CAGR of 5.50% | Reports and Data
- Increasing advancement in the MEMs is a significant factor for the growth of the Inertial Measurement Unit industry. Another major factor for the surge in the demand of the IMU market is the rising smartphone market, which is the major consumer of IMU. However, the issue of accumulated error over time in Navigation application will affect the growth of the market negatively
- Market Size - USD 20.38 Billion in 2020, Market Growth - CAGR of 5.50%, Market Trends - Rising smartphone market, a major consumer of the Inertial Measurement Unit, is the primary factor driving the growth of the IMU market over the forecast period
Aug 12, 2021, 10:35 ET
NEW YORK, Aug. 12, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- According to the current analysis by Reports and Data, the global Inertial Measurement Unit market size was valued at USD 20.38 Billion in 2020 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.50% during the forecast period. Factors affecting the increasing demand for the Inertial Measurement Unit market is the growing rate of applications in the Micro-Electromechanical Systems (MEMs). The rising demand from the consumers for equipment with better ergonomics will also be a significant factor for the growth of the market. IMU is also used in smartphones for various purposes. With the accelerated growth of the smartphone industry, the demand for Inertial Measurement Unit will also increase over the forecast period.
Request free sample of this research report at: https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/1983
Some of the common applications of Inertial Measurement Unit include determining the direction in GPS systems, tracking the motion in the consumer electronics in cell phones or video game remotes. IMU is increasingly being used in the Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) systems. Industrial applications of IMU include alignment and measurement of the equipment like antennas. In the aerospace industry, Inertial Measurement Unit is used to maneuver the aircraft; both manned as well as unmanned. Future applications of Inertial Measurement Units (IMU) include coupling up the device with technologies like GPS, RF, and LiDAR, which will further enable accurate localization of people, vehicles and equipment, both indoor as well as outdoor.
Increasing smartphone industry is the primary factor attributing to the growth of the demand for Inertial Measurement Unit over the forecast period of 2019-2026.
To identify the key trends in the industry, click on the link below:
Further key findings from the report suggest
- The valuation for the Global Inertial Measurement Unit market was USD 20.38 Billion in 2020 and is forecasted to reach USD 31.49 Billion by 2028
- Increasing advancements in the MEMs is the primary reason for the growth of the Inertial Measurement Unit industry.
- The accumulated error of IMU equipment is the main factor that can restrain the growth of the market.
- Gyroscope, Magnetometer, and Accelerometer segments are projected to grow with similar rates over the forecasted period due to the three being an integral part of the IMU device.
- The equipment is increasingly being used in the land, defense, industrial, and aerospace applications in a bid to obtain a precise measurement of vector-based variables.
- The Inertial Measurement Unit industry is fairly competitive and consists of several dominant players. Some of the players currently dominate the market; however, the advancements in the MEMs type of sensor technology are allowing new entrants in the market to increase their market share.
- High growth of applications in the Micro-Electromechanical Systems (MEMS) will be the major factor for the increase in demand of IMU market over the forecasted period.
Key participants include:
- Honeywell International (U.S.)
- Thales Group (France)
- Bosch (Germany)
- Northrop Grumman Corporation (U.S.)
- Kvh Industries (U.S.)
- Moog, Inc.(U.S.)
- Rockwell Collins (U.S.)
- Fairchild Semiconductors (U.S.)
- Analog Devices (U.S.)
- Xsens (Netherlands)
- Sensonor AS (Norway)
- VectorNav Technologies (U.S.)
Order Now: https://www.reportsanddata.com/checkout-form/1983
For the purpose of this study, Reports and Data has segmented the Inertial Measurement Unit Market on the basis of Gyro Techniques, Components, Platform, Applications, and Region:
Gyro Techniques (Revenue, USD Million; 2018–2028)
- Ring Laser Gyro
- Fiber Optic Gyro
- Hemispherical Resonator Gyro
- Micro-electrochemical systems
- Vibrating gyro
Components (Revenue, USD Million; 2018–2028)
Platform (Revenue, USD Million; 2018–2028)
Applications (Revenue, USD Million; 2018–2028)
- Civil Aviation
- General Aircraft
- Commercial Aircraft
- Military Aircraft
- Military Helicopters
- Transport Carriers
- Space launch vehicles
- Merchant Ships
- Naval Ships
- Unmanned Marine Vehicles
- Consumer Electronics
- Survey Equipment
Regional Outlook (Revenue in USD Million; 2016–2026)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of the World
- Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
Browse Similar Reports by Consumer Electronics Industry
Pushbutton Industrial Wireless Remote Control Market By Type (Handheld and Stationary), By Application (Industry & Logistics, Construction Crane, Mobile Hydraulics, Forestry, Mining), 2016-2027
Bluetooth Speakers Market By Portability (Portable And Fixed), By Application (Residential And Commercial), By Distribution Channel (Online And Offline), Forecasts To 2027
Chromebooks Market By Product Type (Chromebook Laptops, Chromebook Convertibles/Detachables, Chromebook Tablets), By Screen Type (Touchscreen and Non-Touchscreen), By Application (Education Sector, Corporate Sector), 2017-2027
SAR Measurement Systems Market Size, Share & Analysis, By Type (Traditional SAR Measurement System, Fast SAR Measurement System), By Application (Test Labs, Wireless Companies, Others), By Regional Forecast To 2027
Robotic Vacuum Cleaners Market Information By Type (Floor, Window, Pool), By Application (Commercial, Household), By Operation Mode (Remote Control, Self-Drive), By Distribution Channel (Online, Offline), By Region, Forecast To 2027
Security Inspection Market Size, Share & Analysis, By Product (Checkpoint Screening Systems, Personnel Screening Systems), By Type (Portable, Fixed), By Services (Maintenance And Repair Services, Security Consulting Services), By Application, And By Region, Forecast To 2027
Personal Care Appliances Market Size, Share & Analysis, By Type (Shaving & Grooming Appliances, Styling Appliances, Beauty Appliances, Oral Care Appliances), By Consumer Group (Men, Women, Unisex), By Distribution Channel (Supermarkets/Hypermarkets, Specialty Stores, Online Stores, Others), And By Region, Forecast To 2027
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help client's make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Power and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise.
Head of Business Development
Reports And Data | Web: www.reportsanddata.com
Direct Line: +1-212-710-1370
E-mail: [email protected]
LinkedIn | Twitter | Blogs
Read full Press Release at : https://www.reportsanddata.com/press-release/global-inertial-measurement-unit-market
SOURCE Reports And Data
Share this article