PORTLAND, Ore. and CAMPBELL, Calif., Feb. 8 /PRNewswire/ -- InFocus® Corporation, the industry pioneer in digital projection technology, today announced a major enhancement to its wireless solution that eliminates the need to have wired connections between laptops and select InFocus projectors, with support for Mac OS and audio.
Based on wireless technology from Wisair, a leading provider of single-chip based UWB and Wireless USB solutions, the InFocus DisplayLink™ Wireless system, allows presenters to easily connect to InFocus DisplayLink-enabled projectors and share HD content on the big screen without wires.
Successfully launched in August 2009 with initial support for Windows OS platforms, the system is now made available for MacBook, MacBook Pro and MacBook Air platforms with audio support. These enhancements enable broader deployment of the InFocus DisplayLink Wireless system to educational and additional markets, where Mac platforms are widely used.
MacBook platforms do not have VGA or HDMI connectors, which are the most common connectors in Projectors. For a complete audio-video experience today, Mac users need to connect at least 3 cable adapters: (1) a mini-DisplayPort or mini-DVI to VGA adapter cable (2) a VGA cable that connects to the projector for the video and (3) yet another cable for the audio.
The new InFocus wireless solution allows Mac users to transfer video, audio and also the projector's control, via a single wireless link with a single adapter that connects to a USB port, available in ALL MacBook platforms.
The system will be available with Mac OS support at the end of March 2010.
- Convenience - travelling salespeople, teachers and lecturers using Mac mobile platforms are no longer bound to projectors by cables and no longer require a bunch of wires for audio and video connectivity – this along with the projector control are transferred over the wireless link with an adapter that connects to a USB port on the Mac platform.
- Simplicity - the Wireless DisplayLink adapter contains all the necessary software in an onboard Flash driver, supporting a true plug and project experience. Both Wireless DisplayLink adapters are powered via the USB connectors so no external power is required.
- Flexibility - Because they are about the size of your average USB thumb drive, they'll fit into any briefcase, laptop bag or accessory pouch. Both male and female adapters are designed to connect and rotate to three different positions for maximum flexibility in tight spaces.
- Performance - with a one-to-one connection between any MacBook and InFocus DisplayLink enabled projector, the Wireless DisplayLink adapters provide crisp and clear images delivered with fast and reliable Ultra Wide Band (UWB) technology.
- Complete - enjoy presentations, video and online content projection with audio playback on the projector's built-in speakers for complete audio visual experience. In addition, the system supports the InFocus laptop control application, enabling users to control the projector over the wireless link without the need to physically access the projector.
- Security - the USB compliant adapters have a proprietary relationship and are factory pre-paired to ensure secure transmissions over a 128 bit encryption protocol - project seamlessly and securely.
Wireless System's key features:
- Point to point wireless connectivity based on reliable UWB radio link
- Universal solution for MacBook platforms with an adapter that connects to a USB port for audio, video and control
- Connectivity from anywhere in the boardroom, classroom or lecture hall, from distances of up to 30 ft
- Pre-paired adapters (MacBook Adapter and projector are already associated with each other upon purchase) for hassle-free, plug and project operation
- Onboard Flash driver in the MacBook Adapter contains all the required drivers and speeds up software installation
- High speed connectivity that does not load the WiFi network in the office or at home and does not degrade its performance, for simultaneous operation and projection of Internet content
- Wireless audio and video (wireless system supports up to 2048x1152 and 720p video, actual resolution depends on the projector model)
- Mac Leopard (10.5) and Snow Leopard (10.6) OS support
Stephen John, Product Manager at InFocus:
"We are excited to offer our Wireless DisplayLink system to Mac platforms users and reach additional market segments in which MacBooks are so popular. Since the product launched in August 2009 we've seen a clear demand to support Mac OS and we are pleased that Wisair enhanced its wireless solution to enable it. The additional audio support, together with the ability to control the projector over the wireless link, provides presenters and their audience with a complete audio-visual-control experience, enabled by the UWB wireless technology. To get this experience today users have to use two or three cables and now they can simply plug an adapter into a USB port and get audio, video and control wirelessly. InFocus is determined to continue adding features and capabilities to our Wireless DisplayLink system and intends to closely work with Wisair to define and implement such capabilities as a software update. This will allow our current customers as well as future customers to benefit from those future enhancements."
David Yaish, Wisair President and CEO
"Wisair is committed to continue providing the best and most complete wireless laptop to projector solution. UWB is the most suitable technology for such solutions, enabling video, audio and control transmission with high performance and very low latency. Adding Mac OS support as a software was a natural step to allow InFocus to increase its market share. The solution provides Mac users with a new experience of simple and convenient wireless connectivity that does not exist today even in wired connectivity, for audio, video and control. We are very pleased to work with an innovative leading partner such as InFocus and get clear visibility to the projector market requirements."
Wisair @ MacWorld 2010
At the coming Mac World (February 9th - 13th in San Francisco), Wisair will demonstrate its wireless solutions for MacBook and MacBook Pro platforms including the InFocus Wireless System (booth #885). To schedule a meeting at Mac World please send a meeting request to: [email protected]
InFocus is the industry pioneer and a global leader in the digital projection market. The company's digital projectors make bright ideas brilliant everywhere people gather to communicate and be entertained - in meetings, presentations, classrooms and living rooms around the world. Backed by more than 20 years of experience and innovation in digital projections, and over 245 patents, InFocus is dedicated to setting the industry standard for large format visual display. The company is based in Portland, Oregon with operations in North America, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit the company's website at www.InFocus.com.
Wisair is a fabless semiconductor company providing Ultra Wideband (UWB) and Wireless USB solutions based on its CMOS single chip. Wisair's solutions offer the best combination of performance, price, and power consumption for UWB and Wireless USB products. For more information about Wisair and about products based on our technology visit: http://www.wisair.com/shop/.
Wisair is a registered trademark of Wisair. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.