FREMONT, Calif. and REDWOOD SHORES, Calif., March 2, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
- Infosys Technologies (Nasdaq: INFY) and Oracle today announced the completion of a highly successful business transformation program incorporating the implementation of Oracle Utilities Network Management System at Seattle City Light, one of the nation's largest municipal owned utilities. Tasked by the Seattle-based utility to help leverage its investment in new technology for better customer service, Infosys utilized its industry-leading systems integration capabilities and consulting solutions to implement the Oracle solution within an expedited timeframe of 16 months.
- The newly implemented Oracle solution, selected in 2009, at Seattle City Light enhances the coordination of service restoration efforts by enabling real-time information sharing. For example, Seattle City Light can now inform customers of the causes of outages and give estimated times for service restoration, thereby improving communications with customers as well as interactions between dispatchers and repair crews. The network management system also predicts which customers are affected by outages, thus when customers contact the call center, customer representatives will be able to share the outage restoration information as well.
- The system at Seattle City Light is improving operational efficiency and flexibility, increasing customer service, reducing duration of outages and integrating data from existing information systems.
- Infosys is a Diamond level partner in Oracle Partner Network (OPN). The Diamond level distinction, the highest membership level in OPN, recognizes the expertise of Infosys with Oracle solutions and its ability to consult and deploy Oracle technologies for clients globally. Infosys also collaborated with Utility Integration Solutions, Inc. (UISOL), an integration provider and domain expert, on the Outage Management System for the Seattle City Light implementation.
- Kelly Enright, Director of Customer Service and Executive Sponsor, Seattle City Light: "Our investment in technology has helped us better inform our customers and equip our operations personnel to improve overall customer service, especially during storm season. The implementation of the Oracle system was smoothly expedited from a timeframe perspective while working with Infosys on change management activities to ensure success of the overall project."
- Ankush Patel, VP and Head, Utilities, North America, Infosys: "This implementation is a major milestone in our strategic relationship with Seattle City Light and with Smart Grid initiatives. Utilities, such as Seattle City Light, can optimize data and analytics by turning them into valuable insights to improve customer service, drive business value, leverage existing investments and yield competitive advantages."
- Ravi Kumar S., VP & Global Head-Oracle Practice, Enterprise Solutions, Infosys: "The implementation of Oracle Utilities Network Management System at Seattle City Light serves as a clear example of how Infosys exhibits expertise in the Oracle implementation space. Additionally, Infosys continues to work with Oracle in bringing tangible process improvement and business benefits to our clients."
- Bill Vellante, Group Vice President and General Manager, Oracle Utilities: "With the implementation of Oracle Utilities Network Management System, Seattle City Light will be able to accelerate network restoration, improve operational efficiency, enhance system reliability and better manage distribution assets. We believe this solution will help take Seattle City Light to the next level in terms of customer service now and into the future."
- Infosys-Utility Capabilities
- Infosys-Oracle Practice
- Oracle Utilities
- Oracle Utilities Network Management System
- Seattle City Light
Industry Expert: Ashiss K Dash, Infosys Technologies, (626) 806-4087
Media Contact: Stephanie Leonard, Infosys Technologies, (510) 857-6153; Caroline Yu Vespi, Oracle, (650) 506-8920
About Infosys Technologies Ltd.
Infosys (Nasdaq: INFY) defines, designs and delivers IT-enabled business solutions that help Global 2000 companies win in a Flat World. These solutions focus on providing strategic differentiation and operational superiority to clients. With Infosys, clients are assured of a transparent business partner, world-class processes, speed of execution and the power to stretch their IT budget by leveraging the Global Delivery Model that Infosys pioneered. As of December 31, 2010, the Infosys group had over 127,000 employees in over 50 offices worldwide. Infosys is part of the NASDAQ-100 Index and The Global Dow. For more information, visit www.infosys.com.
Infosys Safe Harbor
Statements in connection with this release may include forward-looking statements within the meaning of US Securities laws intended to qualify for the "safe harbor" under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act. These forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties including those described in our SEC filings available at www.sec.gov including our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the year ended March 31, 2010, and our other recent filings, and actual results may differ materially from those projected by forward-looking statements. We may make additional written and oral forward-looking statements but do not undertake, and disclaim any obligation, to update them.
Seattle City Light
Seattle City Light is the 10th largest public electric utility in the United States. It has some of the lowest cost customer rates of any urban utility, providing reliable, renewable and environmentally responsible power to nearly 1 million Seattle area residents. City Light has been greenhouse gas neutral since 2005, the first electric utility in the nation to achieve that distinction.
About Oracle Utilities
Oracle Utilities delivers the proven software applications that help utilities achieve competitive advantage, business performance excellence and a lower total cost of technology ownership. Oracle Utilities integrates industry-specific customer care and billing, network management, work and asset management, mobile workforce management and meter data management applications with the capabilities of Oracle's industry-leading enterprise applications, business intelligence tools, middleware and database technologies. Oracle Utilities enables its customers to adapt more nimbly to market deregulation, meet ever-evolving customer demands, and deliver on commitments to environmental conservation. For more information, visit http://www.oracle.com/industries/utilities.
Utility Integration Solutions, Inc. (www.UISOL.com) is the systems integration specialist of the utility industry and the leading provider of demand response management systems (DRMS). UISOL offers a broad range of integration services and software solutions to help its utility clients transform their business performance through the power of smart integration for demand response, smart grid, advanced metering, meter data management, market operations and more. The company's wholly owned subsidiary, UISOL Software, LLC, offers the utility industry's leading software platform, DRBizNet, for demand response management and the integration of distributed energy resources.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
SOURCE Infosys Technologies