DUBLIN, Feb. 18, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/5dh9sk/world_injection) has announced the addition of the "World Injection Molded Plastic Market - Opportunities and Forecast, 2014 - 2020" report to their offering.
The world market for injection molded plastics is expected to be worth $162 billion by 2020, registering a CAGR of 4.9% from 2015 to 2020. Much of the growth for injection molded plastics market shall come from packaging end use segment and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 4.9% during the forecast period.
Increasing demand of injection molded plastics in several end use industries such as automotive, packaging, electronics & consumer goods, building & construction, medical disposal, and technological advancements (such as computer aided engineering and automation in injection molding process) is augmenting the growth of the market.
Furthermore, low labour cost, minimum waste production, faster production, and ability to process multiple raw materials simultaneously are further boosting the market growth. However, volatility in crude oil prices and high initial tooling cost of injection molding would impede the overall market growth.
Packaging will remain the dominant market application during 2014-2020. This is primarily due to its increasing adoption in consumer goods, healthcare and cosmetics products. Healthcare segment is the fastest growing end use market owing to its increased usage in the production of tubes and housings for needles, pregnancy test devices, and surgical blades among others.
Key findings of the study:
- Healthcare to be the fastest growing end use industry segment.
- Packaging to remain dominant application segment throughout the forecast period.
- Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene segment to exhibit highest growth during the forecast period.
- Rising demand of packaging in automotive and consumer goods to make polypropylene the most lucrative segment, specifically due to its low cost, easy to mould nature and heat resistance.
- North America and Europe are the dominant geographies, collectively held about 66% market share in 2014.
- BASF SE
- China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC)
- Dow Chemical Company
- E. I. DuPont De Nemours and Company
- Exxon Mobil
- Huntsman Corporation
- INEOS Group Holdings S.A.
- Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC)
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 - Introduction
Chapter 2 - Executive Summary
Chapter 3 - Market Overview
Chapter 4 - Market by Type
Chapter 5 - Market by Application
Chapter 6 - Market by Geography
Chapter 7 - Company Profiles
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/5dh9sk/world_injection
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets